Turbo sled insurance

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where are all the turbo riders insuring their sleds ? I have not found anybody that will sell me insurance because of the turbo ! ???????

Hicktown

Reaction score
That's very odd! I had no problems. But having said that, from the same company I could not insure a motocross bike for just fire and theft becasue it was a "racing" vehicle.
Insurance companies are a royal pain!
Best of luck!

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to try and highjack this thread.. but where did you end up getting your insurance Hicktown? Ama was giving me problems yesterday, because i didn't have my class 6 license and they said they wanted to inspect it once i had my class 6... *rolls eyes*

Hicktown

Reaction score
Not to try and highjack this thread.. but where did you end up getting your insurance Hicktown? Ama was giving me problems yesterday, because i didn't have my class 6 license and they said they wanted to inspect it once i had my class 6... *rolls eyes*

For my sled, it's through intact. Only insurance I ever could get on my race bikes was my rifle!!!

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would like to have some insurance on my chit before i will go back out west.

sleslie

Reaction score
I used Nordic insurance, they were easy to deal with and gave me a pretty good rate.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went through Capri Insurance. They actually insured my turbo seperately from my sled. You can't get it insured for mechanical failure as far as I know, but fire, theft, vandalism, collision is not a problem.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im through co-op in hana.. they have been nothing but good for me.. they know i have a turbo.. they all seem to worrie about the tunnel.. its kinda funny..

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the skinny on this?, I was told that it's easier to get turbo insurance this year, and it's cheaper too. Was told as long as it's not used for compitition.

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like as soon as they hear the word turbo its a bad thing. The last company was from Ontario and they wanted a immobilizer put on it but they could'nt tell me what that was so they are making me wait ????????

tranquillicer

Reaction score
Seems like as soon as they hear the word turbo its a bad thing. The last company was from Ontario and they wanted a immobilizer put on it but they could'nt tell me what that was so they are making me wait ????????
Pm me your email and I'll send you some info on my insurance agent. Can't remember the company but they are insuring my turbo for about $800/year including collision. No imobilizer required either.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was around $500 for both the sled and the turbo, and that's in BC. I was told I can't get collision if I'm climbing steep verts though, so I went with fire, theft vandalism, and it also covers damage while transporting it.

Top Bottom