turbo rev info needed

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im looking for a kit for my 05 800 rev? anyone know or have a used one their interested in selling?

justin

Big Bark

Reaction score
The turbo rev that BDF speaks of is one that I repaired here. The sled wouldnt make a full day on the same set of pistons. After removing the head and finding out it was a 13 to 1 head i had a custom billet head made for this sled, brought the comp down to 11 to 1 and increased the cooling capacity 3 times that of stock. Sled has never run better and still has the same set of pistons in it. They will work with the RIGHT parts and pieces just like anything.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

I have them custom pistons as well it will blow a plug out before it takes out the piston.
Power jets flat out dont work you have to adjust your air pressure to your float boal to make your elevation / temp adjustments. I recomend to everyone with turbo issues to contact Jeff at quantum and hopefully he can sell you the parts to convert your kit over to his design.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Power Jets work fine. I have built several turbo rev's and xp's and have never had an issue with the power jets if they are installed right. I had one of the quantam set-ups in the shop this past weekend and i'm not sold on that set-up myself. Want to learn about how they exactly do everything with it but myself i'm definitely still in favor of the power jets. My two cents and thoughts.

Big Bark

Reaction score
Power Jets work fine. I have built several turbo rev's and xp's and have never had an issue with the power jets if they are installed right. I had one of the quantam set-ups in the shop this past weekend and i'm not sold on that set-up myself. Want to learn about how they exactly do everything with it but myself i'm definitely still in favor of the power jets. My two cents and thoughts.

His set up flat out works. He used to use power jets and you could not get enough adjustment and they will be eating snow cones in hell before I re jet in the alpine.
His late model kits use power jets to bleed of Peto tube pressure when you get to the alpine or if conditions change.
I hear all these horror stories about Turbo Rev's and me and my buddies that Jeff did work great. My only issue's were aftermarket pipes blowing apart and if you tag the rev limiter it will blow a reed so a guy has to be cautious of those two things.
We will be out from Thursday to Sunday riding eagles / Mustang so if you want to see his kits in action we will have 2 out there. Also a RMK Pro Siber kit. hopefuly his fuel box will make it 3 days if not he has a spare sled.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have them custom pistons as well it will blow a plug out before it takes out the piston.
Power jets flat out dont work you have to adjust your air pressure to your float boal to make your elevation / temp adjustments. I recomend to everyone with turbo issues to contact Jeff at quantum and hopefully he can sell you the parts to convert your kit over to his design.

Im not sure what custom pistons it is you are using??? I was making reference to the billet head i use. Now if you are blowing out spark plugs thats called detonation and that is not a properly tuned kit at all. As for the powerjets, this runs 10lbs boost all day long using powerjets and it has plenty of fuel to spare. Oh did i mention we are using stock oem pistons.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Big Bark

Reaction score
Im not sure what custom pistons it is you are using??? I was making reference to the billet head i use. Now if you are blowing out spark plugs thats called detonation and that is not a properly tuned kit at all. As for the powerjets, this runs 10lbs boost all day long using powerjets and it has plenty of fuel to spare. Oh did i mention we are using stock oem pistons.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Jeffs design works perfect. There has never been an issue due to his design. We had 16 pistons custom built. We are using RK teck heads chuck downey built the motors his work is second to none. A peice of my Dynoport pipe blew apart and wedged in right before the turbo which cover 85% of the inlet to the exhaust housing. I could not figure out what was going on so I held it to the pin at Gorman on the trail home and it blew the insulator (center of the plug) right out. So the ground and threads stayed down and the middle of the plug blew up.
The speedo stuck when the plug let go 167KMH 8450RPM on a 174 track (geared up 4). They are custom forged pistons Chuck made a hole bunch of changes but still stock compression. Jeff's kit works perfect and Jeff told me not to use an aftermarket pipe and I did it anyways. Anyway power jets are old technology and have helped peoples bias opinions about turbo carb sleds. Turbo technology has came a long way you just got to get with the times. Most of Jeffs kits are on bone stock motors and have no issues I just figured because we can afford it we would build bullett proof motors. Chuck did change our compression as well in the head I am just not sure what he has it at. He told me 100 octane at 12 PSI.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe we need to have a Turbo Days out in Revy Or Valemont where people can get together compare designs, and set ups. See what works and what doesn't. No keyboard wars, real time comparisons.

Big Bark

Reaction score
That would be fun. Problem is everyone has agendas. I am always looking for more guys to ride with so if anyone wants to pm me to arrange a trip I have no issues letting someone try jeffs design. I can not wait to go up against that RMK pro siber turbo later this week. If it can run with my XP and last 4 days I will snow check one. We will be riding with St Onge so I will remember the video camera. We are leaving thursday night riding eagles and #######!

Top Bottom