turbo rev info needed

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking into a turbo for my 860 rev.... havent heard too much about this...i would like too know who does this and if they are working good...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would run far far away from this.

first reason being your 860 was not designed for a turbo. the port timing and whatnot is not turbo specific.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah, go with NOS. Had a turbo REV in the trailer for 3 years. When it goes it goes good, but otherwise where's the tow rope. Finally got it running steady last year, requires lots of vigilance on checking every clamp and fitting. Took an specially cut after market head to get it dialed in. It'll be in Valemont next weekend.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard of a few of the 860's being turbo'd in the states. They are supposed to work well. As far as the porting and such not being turbo specific, my question would be how many polaris's or M-series that have turbo's put on have turbo specific porting. I am not saying that there isn't more to be gained by having a turbo specific port job just that 95% or more of turbo'd sleds on the hills today havn't been ported specificly for it. Would have to change the domes or head on the big bore because compression would have to be lowered as most BB's are around the 13.5:1 or 14:1 cpmression. I have installed a few turbo kit's on the 07 rev and xp's they are more finiky persay than doig it on a efi sled due to the carbs, with the turbo you lose the use of your dpm so you have to watch your egts and adjust projets acccordingly. Not saying that it's a constant adjustment but from time to time they will have to be adjusted. The Nos is alot easier to work with and alot more user freindly. Just my thoughts and experiences i've had.

snowtractor

Reaction score
i had a turbo xp the biggest waste of money i have ever heard of dont do it i had it proffesionally installed/tuned 1.5 yrs 2 turbos and engine reeds reed boots head ache if i could deter anyone from this i would it worked for one combined day if i can keep one person from makeing the mistake i hope i saved alot of wasted money i have such a sour taste in my mouth i prob wont even sled this year

Big Bark

Reaction score
I have custom Turbo / Nitrous Pistons for the XP for sale I have 14 custom built from Wiseco.
Last year I was running 860 / Nitrous. Went back to stock bore. I am using Quantum Velocitys kit with the Tial SS V Band 2860. Hoping it will work out nice. here is the pictures of the pistons. Check at Lakeside motorcycle has them out there 403-746-3119 or you can contact me at rob@dirtydieselcustoms.com

Attachments

• IMG-20101122-00045.jpg
    IMG-20101122-00045.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG-20101122-00046.jpg
    IMG-20101122-00046.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG-20101122-00048.jpg
    IMG-20101122-00048.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG-20101122-00050.jpg
    IMG-20101122-00050.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 331

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have custom Turbo / Nitrous Pistons for the XP for sale I have 14 custom built from Wiseco.
Last year I was running 860 / Nitrous. Went back to stock bore. I am using Quantum Velocitys kit with the Tial SS V Band 2860. Hoping it will work out nice. here is the pictures of the pistons. Check at Lakeside motorcycle has them out there 403-746-3119 or you can contact me at rob@dirtydieselcustoms.com

absolute power (jared) put a turbo on my buddies xrs 860. Boom!!! Then he put the motor back to stock and with turbo. Boom also Got alot of free t shirts form the helicopter company. These guys are tryinh to make money selling kits. Imo you must have efi for a turbo if not a ton of tuneing experience. This friend of mine wasted a ton of money and a whole season of no sled

Big Bark

Reaction score
I am not quite as worried because I got Chuck from Lakeside doing my tuning and he is the best in the business. He also is the one who had these custom pistons built. I guess the one Quantum did last year beat up on there yamadoo pretty bad. My buddy had a turbo nitro and ditched it to build the exact same sled as mine. XP174 turbo. I guess well see Dec.03 is the first planned trip. I bought a Sat phone just incase.

Big Bark

Reaction score
I can not beleive how many people use the lame T flanged turbos.

The Tial ones quantum uses are so much cleaner with the V-Band flanges.
I got both a .86 and .64 A/R on the exhaust wheel.

Here is the Tial V Band chargers I used on my 2010 F250

Attachments

• pipes.jpg
    pipes.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 327

mackdaddy

Reaction score
absolute power (jared) put a turbo on my buddies xrs 860. Boom!!! Then he put the motor back to stock and with turbo. Boom also Got alot of free t shirts form the helicopter company. These guys are tryinh to make money selling kits. Imo you must have efi for a turbo if not a ton of tuneing experience. This friend of mine wasted a ton of money and a whole season of no sled

I bought my sled 2nd hand 07 xrs stock 800r with a areocharger done by absolute power and because of a referral from someone i am no longer friends with lol..i took it to them to have mods done when i got it back it was a time bomb waiting due to poor workmanship,I took it back to absolute herd all the excuses but hell i just want it to work right ...so I gave them another shot what a mistake leaking fuel because missed fuel clamps and parts that were told was installed were not so just a heads up always check all workmanship done never believe what your told tell them to show you on the sled
took sled to spin drift in McBride tore down almost entire sled found tons of issues changed everything needed sled now runs great and easy to tune thanks glen you rock and he also spent the time to show me all the problems that were done by guess who ....for the record i would never ever send anyone to absolute power unless you have lots of money to heli your sled out lol.... and keep paying for poor workmanship ...take your sled to a place that has a great reputation and good luck oh did i mention not to go the absolute power lol...

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The turbo rev that BDF speaks of is one that I repaired here. The sled wouldnt make a full day on the same set of pistons. After removing the head and finding out it was a 13 to 1 head i had a custom billet head made for this sled, brought the comp down to 11 to 1 and increased the cooling capacity 3 times that of stock. Sled has never run better and still has the same set of pistons in it. They will work with the RIGHT parts and pieces just like anything.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Attachments

• DSC03206.jpg
    DSC03206.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 225
  • DSC03205.jpg
    DSC03205.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 227

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a couple more

Attachments

• DSC03005.jpg
    DSC03005.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC03007.jpg
    DSC03007.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 226

Braaap.

Reaction score
I have the chance to get my hands on a CPI kit for my 2004. To me sounds like a fun project for the summer. Any ups or downs to the CPI kit? Note the kit was bought 3 years ago. Would there be some updated parts involved? Am getting the kit for next to nothing wouldnt mind spending the time to fugure it out as the price is right. What are any thoughts?

Top Bottom