turbo question

Rej

Reaction score
i am planning to put a turbo on my 2009 apex lt-x i want to know if the motor can take the turbo whitout blowing after 1000 miles and what is the best kit for the money!!!

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Many Apex's running 5000+kms boosted. If you don't get greedy on boost numbers you will be fine. Look at MC xpress, Alpine or Impulse. If i was buying a new kit it would be Alpine.

Rej

Reaction score
ok good but 5000km that was what im going to do in one season of snowmobile so i dont want to change the motor every year !!!!

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok good but 5000km that was what im going to do in one season of snowmobile so i dont want to change the motor every year !!!!

I didn't want to exaggerate so i said 5000+. But there are lots of high mile boosted sleds.

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone will tell you don't get greedy with the boost and you will be fine. They are right. Do what the kit tells you and there should be no problems. I am running an MCXpress rear mount kit. I am on my third season with it. I do my regular oil changes and make sure I run good fuel.

Happy Boosting:beer:

Keep us updated on what you decide.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mcxpress and this is the 3ed year on my nytro and i have teh 270kit with about 4000km on it and never misses a beat. Mcx seems to have it diled in if you arnt looking for 400hp but for the all around guy who wasnts to have fun. Thats where its at.

wienerwater

Reaction score
Personally, if you are looking for just max engine life, stay with around 10-12 lbs boost max, running good brand name, consistent fuel.Don't get into turning it up and trying to run more than 94 octane, as once it's setup, it will do what you want and expect, as far as reliability and engine life.

Apextenn

Reaction score
I am guessing as you are from quebec that you do mostly trail riding probably at anywhere from 1000 - 3000 ft elevation and at that elevation i would say as long as it is head shimed with premium their is not reason you should have any problems getting 20000 + km out of it as long as you stay around that 8 to 10 lbs of boost. The turbo might not last that long but as long as you have a good fuel system and keep your a/f ratio from 11 to 12 the engine will take it. Basically the engine will outlast the sled as long you dont get greedy and your fuel system is tune correctly. The only other problems that you will have is wear issues on the sled and components going before their time due to the increased hp as well all turbo kits seem to have limited header life most are luckey to get 5000 km out of a header intill it cracks this is due to the increased egt that the engine produces due to the turbo as well a sled is always being rode hard over bumps etc.

Top Bottom