turbo nitro idle adjustment

MKK

Reaction score
How do you adjust the idle on a turbo nytro.My buddies nytro is idling to low to the extent of not even running.

Thanks

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Its in the buttons on the instrument cluster.

In the nose of the sled there is a single female white connector maybe 3" back from the ECU. This connector currently has a "cap" in it. You remove the "cap" and hook a wire to it and ground it to the chassis. Then you will want to go into Diagnostic mode.

To enter Diagnostic mode:
- With the key and kill switch off, press and hold both "Select and Reset" buttons then power up the gauge by turning both the key and kill switch on.
- Wait 8 seconds and the gauge will go blank except for "DI" in the display.
- Press "Select" to toggle between "DI" and "C0", Select "C0". (If it doesn't go to "CO" then you do not have the wire ground properly).
- Press and hold both "Select and Reset" 3 seconds
- Gauge will display "C:01", (this is where you select which cylinder you want to adjust)
- Press and hold "Select and Reset" 3 seconds and 0 should appear in the odometer section
- Press "Select" to increase the number (richer), "Reset" to decrease the number (leaner)
- Example: (10 would be richer) (-10 would be leaner)
- Press both "Select and reset" to chose C:02 and adjust the same as above (must do this for each cylinder)

tapex

Reaction score
Adjusting the co's only adjusts fuel mixture settings leaner or richer. If you want to adjust idle speed you need to adjust the brass screws on the throttle bodies. (flat blade from top side on each throttlebody).

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did it idle fine before? and recently start to not idle proper? no codes? didn't change anything like handle bar riser, monkey with the throttle cable....?

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

In the nose of the sled there is a single female white connector maybe 3" back from the ECU. This connector currently has a "cap" in it. You remove the "cap" and hook a wire to it and ground it to the chassis. Then you will want to go into Diagnostic mode.

- With the key and kill switch off, press and hold both "Select and Reset" buttons then power up the gauge by turning both the key and kill switch on.
- Press "Select" to toggle between "DI" and "C0", Select "C0". (If it doesn't go to "CO" then you do not have the wire ground properly).
- Gauge will display "C:01", (this is where you select which cylinder you want to adjust)
- Press and hold "Select and Reset" 3 seconds and 0 should appear in the odometer section
- Press "Select" to increase the number (richer), "Reset" to decrease the number (leaner)
- Press both "Select and reset" to chose C:02 and adjust the same as above (must do this for each cylinder)

Ron,

Do these fuel adjustments just apply at idle or up to some rpm range? I'm wondering if I can use these to lean out my lower rpms on a super charged apex?

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The nytro doesn't have an idle adjust screw like the apex? A black plastic knob above the throttle bodies.

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Ron,

Do these fuel adjustments just apply at idle or up to some rpm range? I'm wondering if I can use these to lean out my lower rpms on a super charged apex?

This adjustment will not help for your cruise mixture on your apex, It will only adjust idle mixture for variations of injecter flow. Its adjustment is so minimal that you will not make a difference.-Darren

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
How do you adjust the idle on a turbo nytro.My buddies nytro is idling to low to the extent of not even running.

Thanks

Like Tabster asked, Did it run fine originally? If not there is a idle adjuster screw on the front of the throttle bodies. It is between cyl 1 & 2. It is a lock nut on a allen head set screw, requires removal of intercooler to adjust and then install cooler to test. A real pain in the ass. I would suggest no more than a 1/8 of a turn or the machine will not idle down and run away on you. Use caution when you start it up after adjustment. If it ran fine before, fix the problem causing low idle (vacumm leak) -Darren

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is not for idle adjustment!!

blurider

Reaction score
to my understanding the adjustment is a fuel adjustment thus it will clean up the idle my sled seems to run to rich at idle this is suppose to fix that

SRT

Reaction score
[Q UOTE=jrusher;1031209]This is not for idle adjustment!![/QUOTE]
So how do you adjust the idle on turbo Nytro?

Just killing time.

Top Bottom