Pulling skid with adjustable limiter strap

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, I am sitting at work thinking about how I'm going to pull the skid out of my 22. It has an adjustable limiter.
I have never looked, how do I do this? How would I detach the adjuster from the skid?

Thanks

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the arm that extends from the adjustment lever on the side of the tunnel and into the skid-mounted mechanism that takes up/lets out slack, just slides into a socket on that mechanism. once the skid is loose, the arm will just fall out since there's no fasteners on the skid side but it'll remain attached to the tunnel part of the mechanism. you could also remove the crank assembly (part 9010) from the skid after removing the strap from it. before reattaching the crank assembly, place the arm into it as it will only go in one way and then attach the crank assembly back onto the skid.

Last edited:

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks JC. Came apart easily enough.
Going back in may take an extra set of hands though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks JC. Came apart easily enough.
Going back in may take an extra set of hands though.

good deal. it seems like if you remove the crank mech from the skid that would be the way to go because you could just reattach the skid, insert the crank arm into the mech and then bolt the mech to the skid.
i've never removed a skid with the limiter mech installed but i've installed 2 of the kits on my freerides so i'm familiar with them.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I finally chucked the skid back in. Went well, just need to line up the “link arm” part of the adjuster while you are lifting the front arm into place. Two beers tops!
Oh, first time doing a skid with the ass end suspended. Waaaay easier that wrestling that sucker with the sled on its side.

Top Bottom