Turbo E-Tec? Anyone Hear Anything?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last time i talked with trevor, he had dj and himself comeup with a good setup, would love to see it run, then find out how the motor and chassie handles the power

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres some real footage.
im sold.

when can we get these trask kits.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0SHQlhPihg[/YT]

Looks like it rips without a flaw. Was the trask kit just set up and go more or less?

Maxwell do you have any seat time on it?

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I invented a turbo kit that worked for a sled that has a lot of skeptics (in terms of turbos) I would set up a tri pod and tape me blasting over the top of a steep snowy hill then get another sled just like it w/o a turbo and tape it trying to do the same thing and failing.... Why wouldn't they do this? It didn't look like out of control crazy ground speed either. Im a fan of Ski Doo and want these kits to work (even though id have to be on drugs to think I could afford one) but I don't see this vid proving anything.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I invented a turbo kit that worked for a sled that has a lot of skeptics (in terms of turbos) I would set up a tri pod and tape me blasting over the top of a steep snowy hill then get another sled just like it w/o a turbo and tape it trying to do the same thing and failing.... Why wouldn't they do this? It didn't look like out of control crazy ground speed either. Im a fan of Ski Doo and want these kits to work (even though id have to be on drugs to think I could afford one) but I don't see this vid proving anything.

you are right. it didnt seem to be moving any faster than my helmet cam videos.

and yes. these skidoo turbos are kind of like aliens. any footage is poor quality and doesnt prove anything. riding a 20,000 sled and no decent footage of one making any consistant pulls against something else.

that being said i was impressed in that video with the fact that it was indeed turbod and seemed to have minimal lag....also that it ran for 9 minutes of straight riding and didnt miss a beat.

SOMUCH

Reaction score

and yes. these skidoo turbos are kind of like aliens. any footage is poor quality and doesnt prove anything. riding a 20,000 sled and no decent footage of one making any consistant pulls against something else.

that being said i was impressed in that video with the fact that it was indeed turbod and seemed to have minimal lag....also that it ran for 9 minutes of straight riding and didnt miss a beat.

More videos to come there are 15 production kits on the snow now, with more to be shipped later next week to dealers. Trask also has two pro riders running the etec kit in the two of the big name sled videos this season.

Cheers...

SOMUCH

Reaction score

When will you be in the Valemount area for testing next?

I am shooting for next weekend to ride valemount... I will keep you posted.

Top Bottom