Turbo E-Tec? Anyone Hear Anything?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting to hear back from a guy in crescent valley called playmor powersports He is currently installing a trask system in his.

DOAKLEY16

Reaction score
i seen that one at play more power looks great the guys told my yhat when they were testing it it was crazy!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theres one here in town. An aerocharger kit that I believe Jarrid from Absolute Power & Performance

Not sure whos kit, but its been tested a few days and seems to run like a champ. Hes only running 5lbs i think

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theres one here in town. An aerocharger kit that I believe Jarrid from Absolute Power & Performance

Not sure whos kit, but its been tested a few days and seems to run like a champ. Hes only running 5lbs i think

Jared turbod my buddies sled. 3 motors. Two choppers all in a few 100 km. Never really ran or started proper. Do not let him tell you doo turbos work. 20 k later My buddie took it to specialty so they could put it back to stock He is trying to make $$ selling stuff that don't work. Specialty sleds won't turbo your do unless u beg Ken. He knows they are a tuning nightmare. Don't doo it. Also 800 doo's arent the longest living engine as is. Turbos on a motor with poor integrity?? Think about the fun factor. Etec riPs hard stock and should always get u home

xpsledneck

Reaction score
you dont need to turbo a doo. the only reason everyone else turbos there cat or polaris or yami is to keep up with the doos. LOL

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of truth to that, been there, done that

Jared turbod my buddies sled. 3 motors. Two choppers all in a few 100 km. Never really ran or started proper. Do not let him tell you doo turbos work. 20 k later My buddie took it to specialty so they could put it back to stock He is trying to make $$ selling stuff that don't work. Specialty sleds won't turbo your do unless u beg Ken. He knows they are a tuning nightmare. Don't doo it. Also 800 doo's arent the longest living engine as is. Turbos on a motor with poor integrity?? Think about the fun factor. Etec riPs hard stock and should always get u home

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
If you want to Turbo a Doo, find an '03 MXZ, and longtrack it, or put that motor in a summit. The non H.O. non DPM 800, with lower compression was the best Doo motor to Turbo, and yes they work extremely well after the initial tuning. A Buddy has one in a custom chassis, and it works amazingly well.

mattern

Reaction score
go to he has been installing trask turbos on the new doos, seem to run flawless his personal sled is a free ride with trask turbo, trevor does real good work

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go to he has been installing trask turbos on the new doos, seem to run flawless his personal sled is a free ride with trask turbo, trevor does real good work

Yeah and they must work so well that you see them all over the place? :d

Trevor may do good work but Turbo'ing a Doo is the same old...can't tap into the BRP ecm, can't run without secondary fuel supply system, limited room for intercooler, and so on...

If you want a Turbo 2-smoker buy a cat or a poo....

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am still waiting to ride one, we had a tnirto out last week in the trees, between the tlag and its weight, it takes a might talented rider, i would never give my my two stroke

now that being said i have heard that trevors is very quick spoolup and power is somewhat that can be handled, sure would love to here some opions on this before pulling the credit card out.... i stil want a fun light sled;)

SOMUCH

Reaction score

Jared from APP isnt tryin just to make money. He is a great guy with awesome knowledge of turbo systems. Sorry your buddys didnt run, but I am sure that there is FACTORS. Carb turbos aren't for everyone. Yes they need a person with knowledge on tunning, as you are back to jetting... no dpm... If set up right the 800r turbo will out run any other two stroke, pound for pound of boost. I have owned a 800 turbo, 860 turbo, and now 800 etec turbo, great luck with all.

The kit Vinnie is running on his 800 etec is an AeroCharger Kit.

YouTube - Ski-doo Xp Turbo 10psi and Apex Turbo 12psi hanging together

YouTube - medium

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how are you offsetting the clutching for the massive power increase. running huge pin weight makes a boggy sled.

your video sounds like that sled is ripping right from the start

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how are you offsetting the clutching for the massive power increase. running huge pin weight makes a boggy sled.

your video sounds like that sled is ripping right from the start

you gotta exsplain what you mean offsetting the clutching??

Top Bottom