Truckers worst nightmare!

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
almost a reenactment of an accident about 50 km's north of Williams Lake BC last month. Family of 4 as well as the drivers sister in a minivan lost control on a corner, head on with a semi, large fire resulted. 5 dead. The reason the van lost control will probably never be known. Witness's say speed was not a factor.

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that puts into perspective real quick how fast things can go to hell on icy roads. i witnessed something akin to this once, but it was a split second faster and the out of controll vehicle just got nicked on the back end, still scared the crap out of me.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
almost a reenactment of an accident about 50 km's north of Williams Lake BC last month. Family of 4 as well as the drivers sister in a minivan lost control on a corner, head on with a semi, large fire resulted. 5 dead. The reason the van lost control will probably never be known. Witness's say speed was not a factor.

I've driven through that curve many many times over the years and can tell everyone to be very careful when driving southbound through this curve because the grade is not right and it pulls you towards the centerline. It's very noticable from the curb lane and really bad in the passing lane. When it is at all slippery the issue gets much worse.

McleeseLakecrashscene.jpg

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Obviously I have no way to know this for sure, but at the 21 second mark as it heads into the on coming lane it "looks" to me like the back wheels are still spinning. Cruise control on I'm thinking. I harp on my wife and kids not to use the cruise in the winter or the rain.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a horrible wreck outside loyd yesterday morn on 16 too.
Truck and lowboy were turning onto the highway, but got stranded in the meridian with the tridems hanging out in the passing lane. 17 yearold going to colledge In vermilion hit the trailer and pretty much went underneath it.. Tragic for everyone Involved. My heart really goes out to the trucker in this case. I'v moved a lot o equipment. around loyd and it's awfull trying to get across 16. People will pull out into the passing lanes and turning lane and leave trucks stuck in the middle and your fked.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a horrible wreck outside loyd yesterday morn on 16 too.
Truck and lowboy were turning onto the highway, but got stranded in the meridian with the tridems hanging out in the passing lane. 17 yearold going to colledge In vermilion hit the trailer and pretty much went underneath it.. Tragic for everyone Involved. My heart really goes out to the trucker in this case. I'v moved a lot o equipment. around loyd and it's awfull trying to get across 16. People will pull out into the passing lanes and turning lane and leave trucks stuck in the middle and your fked.

Man that sucks!! I heard about that crash but no details. I have been in the lloyd area since 1999 and hate the truck traffic and how a lot of them drive. They get frustrated just like everyone else and pull out, cut people off and grab gears when they see a yellow light at intersections. I am not saying that they are all terrible but there are a lot of them. Hwy 16 from lloyd to vermilion is horrible. One the other hand there are a lot of young kids driving lifted diesels that think they are bad a$$ that love to cut people off and race around town.

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's pretty crazy, talk about wrong place at the wrong time. I work with a logging truck driver that had two similar incidents in the last year. She had a person who was suspected of committing suicide, who just drove right into her and last spring about 6 months after the first incident a grocery truck driver who dropped his cell phone went into her lane and had a head on. Both of the other people died, luckily she lived and escaped without major injuries. I think it would be tough to keep driving after that.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised there hasn't been a worse wreck with logging trucks and a
trailer load of albertans going riding someplace without radio's,
truckers should be allowed to horse whip anyone who does it.Or at least just the survivors!!

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it just about happened again this morning at RR15 just west of lloydminster on hwy 16. A Tanker driving west out of lloyd turns left (south) to go down RR15 and crosses the eastbound lane. About 15 vehicals had to hit the breaks to avoid another major accident. I wish these guys would learn, had the road been icy there is no doubt that there would have been a crash.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Surprising how many people don't wear pants in their cars.. Hauling wheat to killam today and just had a fat girl in a Honda with her pants down to her ankles pass me.....
. Now that was a nightmare..!

Top Bottom