Truck decks / Sled decks

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Install is about 20 min. Give them warning before you come as they might have to order a set from me (no charge of course).

If you'd rather I send them direct to you just email me your address.

Conversely, if you find yourself in Edmonton stop by (we're just off the Sherwood Park Freeway and 50th street) and I'll throw some in for you.

now that right there is some pretty awesome customer service...

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Vaughn I bought a truck boss deck from you directly and I would like a set of rear legs no charge if I came by your shop would you give me a set. By the way I like the deck and have had no problems.

Vaughn @ Marathon Decks

Reaction score
Hey Vaughn I bought a truck boss deck from you directly and I would like a set of rear legs no charge if I came by your shop would you give me a set. By the way I like the deck and have had no problems.
No problem, give me a couple hours notice if you don't mind and I'll make sure to get you in right away.

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about this Sat morning I will call before I come over.
Thanks

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was thinking about it, i really do like the look of the truckboss. see what happens, if i sell my truck than ill sell the deck as well. If i do i will definitely come see ya for my new one

Kruchy

Reaction score
Install is about 20 min. Give them warning before you come as they might have to order a set from me (no charge of course).

If you'd rather I send them direct to you just email me your address.

Conversely, if you find yourself in Edmonton stop by (we're just off the Sherwood Park Freeway and 50th street) and I'll throw some in for you.

It's Lloyd autobody. He will be calling you. Thanks again. Customer service is awesome and so is the deck. How many pounds is the winch plate / deck good for ?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm no one has adressed my issue of the slip tanks!!! I dont want a custom built slip tank i want the one I have in my truck! so how does this new deck work with a slip tank or tool box without going out and having to spend even more money on a custom slip tank to mount under your already $4000 deck??? you should offer trade ins man thats what sold me with full lotus plus there amazing qualityI had a deck of theres for a year talked to jeff @full lotus he gave me the brand new shorty deck powdercoated black w/removable deck extensions for days when you only have 1 sled or no sleds on there for $1000 thats a pretty good deal for using the product for a year then trading it in just my opinion it needs some options for slip tanks that are already in the truck and you definately need a trade in option I like upgrading my decks every year or 2 and a good trade in option is always very handy IMO! Yes the decks may look all the same but when you look at them closely and see the quality of the decks then it's obvious wich company makes a good deck you can tell wich is better quality by looking at them side by side and yes FULL LOTUS and MARATHON are the 2 best on the market

Vaughn @ Marathon Decks

Reaction score
It's Lloyd autobody. He will be calling you. Thanks again. Customer service is awesome and so is the deck. How many pounds is the winch plate / deck good for ?

The winch plate is held into the deck with 4x 5/16 carriage bolts which are being pulled in shear (not stretch) so they are extremely strong. Be careful when the ATV approaches the winch, as the winch will have a tendancy to pull down on the atv, which pulls up on the winch plate (see red arrow). Stop the winch prior to this point. An ATV is easy to push by just rolling one of the rear tires. When winching a sled thread a sling through the a arms.

We winched an ATV up a 10' ramp and the crane scale we used between the ATV-Winch never went above the weight of the ATV. In the pic we winched up on a closed ramp (so only 6' of length). The scale read higher. The ATV walked up on its front wheels only. The instability of a quad on 2 wheels was deemed unsafe, so please extend your ramp.

Pull strength depends on your winch. A run of the mill superwinch 2500 (princess auto, $219) is good for most uses. We recently set up a Warn 3500 (much more money) and it is a better winch with much more power. With a "weaker" winch expect that maximum pull is only on the first few wraps of cable, so you may need to cut down the winch cable from 50' to 25--or use a pulley. The superwinch 2500 struggled to pull a Commander up onto the deck; cutting the cable down helped. Remember that once you cut the cable shorter you can no longer use a pulley. The Warn 3500 never struggled.

When wiring the winch use 6ga cable from the contactor (under the deck) to the truck battery. There are plenty of wire looms in the frame rails under the truck, zip tie to those and stay away from the driveshaft. Use a fusible link on the + terminal of your batter; your winch should have come with one.

Attachments

• DSCN0206.jpg
    DSCN0206.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 446

Carbondeath

Reaction score
Marathon service sucks!

Don't believe anything this salesman is telling u:nono:The new truck boss deck is a piece of dog cum and the only reason they went to it is because it is much cheaper to produce than the old classic style. I have heard this from a former welder who works for marathon. The classic marathon is a great deck. I purchased one last year and this year I was trying to buy a deck extension for it because I bought a longer sled. I tried calling there sales department and when I finally got a hold of them after a few days of calling the sales guy told me they didn't have any deck extensions were not planing on making any and good luck finding one! Basically my one year old deck was obsolete good luck getting any parts or accessories for it:rant:A week later I went on marathons website and called every dealer in Alberta,bc and Sask looking for an extension with no luck. I then called marathons office and talked to a nice girl in reception and told her my problem. She said o I think I heard of an extension left at a dealer in lethbridge then she asked the salesman and the smart ass said no he sold it yesterday. Why wouldn't that salesman even tried to locate me one a week before.Not happy with there sales department to say the least. I hope these guys are eating out of dumpsters by spring!

Stantheman

Reaction score
I dont understand how people are saying this deck eliminates the possiblity of someone stealing something out of your truck box but the classic style didn't. Lucky me I ran out and purchased a classic deck in October as soon as I seen this new one being released, I even managed to get a deck extension while they lasted.

There is no way possible to get anything out from under my deck without dropping the lockable tailgate. I have yet to see road dirt or snow work its way under my deck.

Vaughn @ Marathon Decks

Reaction score
I dont understand how people are saying this deck eliminates the possiblity of someone stealing something out of your truck box but the classic style didn't. Lucky me I ran out and purchased a classic deck in October as soon as I seen this new one being released, I even managed to get a deck extension while they lasted.

There is no way possible to get anything out from under my deck without dropping the lockable tailgate. I have yet to see road dirt or snow work its way under my deck.
It does a better job of sealing the box as it rests on the box rails and has a dedicated seal at the front and rear. The worst offender now is the seal between the tailgate and the box opening--that can be remedied with 10' of adhesive backed D rubber (or if you want to be fancy order a pre-cut kit from a truck cap mfgr for $50).

Vaughn @ Marathon Decks

Reaction score
$4000. is the Base Price on The New Truck Boss/ Marathon Deck. To have it all Rigged up to fit your Truck (Only fits a Dodge 2500/3500 with out the adapters) you need some adapter brackets, some Superclamps, HD Rear Only Support Legs, The Deck Surface is Slippery Aluminum. So you need the Carbide Protection Kit which is actually some Super Glides and a few more little things... Your looking more around $5200.oo Plus Tax

TRUCKBOSS is $3995 for standard size (84") and $4295 for long size (104").

3/4 and 1 ton trucks come in 4 different box sizes:
6'4" - Dodge
6'6" - Chev/GM twins (also works for F150 and Tundra)
6'9" - SuperDuty
8' - All

In order to prevent dealers from having to stock multiple deck rails, all decks come with a rail sized for the Dodge standard box (the shortest of the bunch...). A simple extension (3", 6", or 22") and a splice piece are all that is needed to accommodate the other variants. Think of the Q-Tower adapters for a Thule roof rack--once the rack is bought it can be moved to any other car/truck roof with the purchase of new adapters. This "install" kit is $45 for the other standard box sizes, $95 for the long box size (includes another set of rail clamps).

The HD rear legs are included with the deck.

The "Carbide Protection Kit" is optional, as are SuperClamps. There are other cheaper alternatives if you so choose... if you want them at all.

Top Bottom