Trouble with 2012 Pro RMK

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am choked, I have a 2012 Pro RMK with 200 miles on it and it is totaly crapped out. The dealer has it now and said first it was just some TPS sensor. They changed it out and the sled still don't work, the sled does't idle right and won't stay going at all. I can start it by giving it a little gas but once I lets the throttle go the sled dies. If I keep it going and try to ride it's all boggy, onces it breaks 6000rpm's it come alive and works like it should. Now the dealer is saying they can't figure out the problem at all. I have a 2007 700 polaris that is bullet proof and has 3000 miles on it and my 2012 has 200 and it is done. Looks like I got the lemon, if anyone has heard of this kind of problem before any advice would help.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havent had this problem with my pro, but i did have a similar issue with my 900. If the liberty eng are at least a little alike, i had a stator issue. That caused the similar problem. Also maybe crank position sensor, or tps. But not really sure.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am choked, I have a 2012 Pro RMK with 200 miles on it and it is totaly crapped out. The dealer has it now and said first it was just some TPS sensor. They changed it out and the sled still don't work, the sled does't idle right and won't stay going at all. I can start it by giving it a little gas but once I lets the throttle go the sled dies. If I keep it going and try to ride it's all boggy, onces it breaks 6000rpm's it come alive and works like it should. Now the dealer is saying they can't figure out the problem at all. I have a 2007 700 polaris that is bullet proof and has 3000 miles on it and my 2012 has 200 and it is done. Looks like I got the lemon, if anyone has heard of this kind of problem before any advice would help.

From what my po po buddy says is that when they change or reset the tps u have to hold the body from turning when u tighten the bolts. If ya don't it turns it back when the bolts are tightened

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

Last edited:

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tps failing or going out of spec. seems to be a common occurrance on the pro. Same thing happened to mine, i was just lucky i was taking it in for another issue and it crapped out as i was loading it up to take in.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X3 on the TPS sensor.check plug wire boots ,but I think that was changed form the 2011

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This sounds like what is happening to my 2010 D8. Just got back from the dealer for the 2nd time in two days with a demo pro because they are scratching their heads with mine.

Reaction score
check the resistor octane switch... mine would die after a hundred feet or so then start up again after a minute of leaving it x3. Did the switch even with the mid grade octane and never had a issue since.

Is your engine light flashing or temp guage flashing?

it would bog down and liven up after you hammered the throttle and then it would die altogether. First day with the sled out in Vale a few hundred feet up the trailhead. happened 3 times... last effort I tried the switch for kicks and bam away it went.

Last edited:

ICF

Reaction score
Just got back frOm Mcbride. Exact symptoms are plaguing my 12 pro also with 250 miles on it seems like it is running on one cylinder until 5850 rpm repeatable all weekend above that rpm lights up and runs normall. Going into dealer tomorrow I will let up u know outcome

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I got my sled back from my dealer today and sled is back to normal and rips wicked, just in time to head to Valemount on Wednesday, didn't really matter though cause Four Seasons was going to hook me up with another one to head to Vale, way to go Four Seasons, thanks!

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back frOm Mcbride. Exact symptoms are plaguing my 12 pro also with 250 miles on it seems like it is running on one cylinder until 5850 rpm repeatable all weekend above that rpm lights up and runs normall. Going into dealer tomorrow I will let up u know outcome

How did you do with yours there ICF? Hope all is good

Steve O Nytro

Reaction score
Had the same problem took it to Backus in Mara BC had it fixed in 20 mins just gotta have the right mech look at it. Reflashed the computer and no prob now

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Rmaxhimer

Reaction score
I got my sled back from my dealer today and sled is back to normal and rips wicked, just in time to head to Valemount on Wednesday, didn't really matter though cause Four Seasons was going to hook me up with another one to head to Vale, way to go Four Seasons, thanks!

Did the dealer tell you what they fixed. My sled did the exact same thing today and I took it in but I am interested to see if they replace the same parts as yours did. Last visit they just dried out and re siliconed my tps. Which fixed nothing. Pretty irritating. Thanks.

Top Bottom