Transceivers

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My slogan is you can't put a price tag on life. I just talked to my buddy moments ago and we got chattin about this post, he want's to purchase the same digital beacon as myself so we're running the same gear. He wants to sell his SOS now to update. His SOS is blue in color with the 5 LED lights, capable of running a sled bug, only 3 years old, he's asking $150.00 if someone is interested.

****FOR SALE SOS BEACON, SEE DETAILS ABOVE******

summit88

Reaction score
i might be interested. what would that beacon be worth new? where is your buddy from?

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He's also from Spruce Grove just west of Edmonton. I'm not a 100% sure but i would guess around the $350 dollar mark. I could ask him, he may have the receipt still.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had some pretty good luck purchasing my beacons. At first I was going to get the SOS F1ND, and I found some on Ebay (brand new) for a reasonable price. The seller was having trouble getting the units, so he gave me his cost on the Pieps DSP (without the compass & altimiter), which was $240USD per unit. At the time, the Canadian dollar was doing well, and shipping was cheap. I got one for myself, my wife, and 2 other guys. I am glad that he didn't have the SOS after all, because the Pieps is much more accurate and easier to use.

summit88

Reaction score
well i think i'm going to wait and check out the sled show in calgary. maybe look at some sort of package deal or something. i won't be riding for at least another month so i'm in no rush to buy

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
does anybody know anything about the option 8000 ??
cause i was offered one but since this thread started i dont know ?

Mtn-guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the SOS and do find that it is a little slower, does anyone know who is selling the Pieps in Edmonton? I would like to see it before I buy it.

Top Bottom