Trailer tail light help

jwood99

Reaction score
Hi

Today I was going over my trailer and noticed that the rear right signal wasn't working. The running lights on the same light work though. I checked the fuse on my truck for the right trailer signal and it was good. Also all the other lights on my trailer work. Just looking for some help, not the best with wiring.

Thanks

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi

Today I was going over my trailer and noticed that the rear right signal wasn't working. The running lights on the same light work though. I checked the fuse on my truck for the right trailer signal and it was good. Also all the other lights on my trailer work. Just looking for some help, not the best with wiring.

Thanks

Just a thought, have you checked the bulb?

jwood99

Reaction score
lol yea should have mentioned that i checked the bulb as well

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the light work when you apply the brakes? If not, you're problem is most likely within your trailer connector.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just plan your trips with all left turns, problem solved.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
It's either in the pigtail or plug connection. Check the pig tail with a test light for power. You can spread the prongs with a small flat srew driver to help with connection. Be carefull here because they will break if spread to far.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's either in the pigtail or plug connection. Check the pig tail with a test light for power. You can spread the prongs with a small flat srew driver to help with connection. Be carefull here because they will break if spread to far.

I do that but I also spray both the pig-tail and the truck with WD-40. Most times when I have lighting problems it a bad connection. Hope you figure it out....cause lights can be a pain in the donkey !!!

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is your truck a dodge there knowen for that mine was a 2003 and the problem was in the fuse box and was $500

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
90% of the time it is a bad ground wire. I always try to look for the simple and easy to get at stuff first.

Top Bottom