Trailer Accessories

GRD

Reaction score
If you have some pictures it would be great to see what it looks like.

built my own enclosed sled trailer last year. Was going to buy one but they wanted $9grand. So decided to build our own. Quite the learning experience. All in all it probably cost me just as much but mine is nicer than the one we were going to buy. We put a receiver hitch inside standing up so we can slide a winch in incase of break downs no more back breaking lifting/pulling. Also put a cargo box over the two axles with access from inside for tool storage. We are going to put a full size decal on both sides of the trailer later this year when not to busy.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried to down load pic's but not a computer genie, was told file to big. Any help on this in easy computer terms greatly app. Decals are being made up hopefully in the next month or so.

NVRENUF

Reaction score
Website
www.southgatepontiac.com
Trailer

THat whole trailer is great.
That heater is really nice, and compact. Does it have an airbox that vents outside? I always worry about venting cause gas fumes always around?

WHere did you get it and what kind of cash does one expect to pay?
Are you happy with it? Does it pump out the heat?

Jamie

kell2784

Reaction score
Very nice set up. Where did you get the solar cells from?
Also, I'm curious about the heater venting also?

jono.2

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
j-rock...
i though i was the only one who had ever done that! ours started as a 4x8 snowbear that became an 8x10. that thing was sweet!
it matters not how you get there, as long as you get to ride!

Attachments

• Valemount 05 006.jpg
    Valemount 05 006.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 160
  • Valemount 05 028.jpg
    Valemount 05 028.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Revelstoke 2006 045.jpg
    Revelstoke 2006 045.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 147

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
j-rock...
i though i was the only one who had ever done that! ours started as a 4x8 snowbear that became an 8x10. that thing was sweet!
it matters not how you get there, as long as you get to ride!

Good stuff. Whatever gets you riding man!!!!:D

Reaction score
Hey I have a Trailer seat that can be installed in most Enclosed trailers. When it is folded into the wall it is an amazing 3.5 inches away from the wall yet big enough to hold two full grown men. Holds up to 600lbs!

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey is that hanger rack on the wall that rubbermade set up...looks like the hooks can be moved,etc...

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
hey is that hanger rack on the wall that rubbermade set up...looks like the hooks can be moved,etc...

ya i think they are rubbermaid.... This version in my trailer is from the u.s., but i think it was the same..... The hooks and holders and everything is adjustable....

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw that set up at UFA and I am still considering it...maybe tomorrow seeing that it has worked for you

Reaction score
Our Trailer Bench would take care of your folding chair problem! Hahaha Nice work though! looks like it will be awesome when it is done!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found that hook setup at Peavey Mart, in steel not plastic. The same system of slots and spacing. The plastic track looks like it may hold up, but with how much weight, not sure it will last. The steel unit is a little more $ per 5 ft rail, and may rust, but will not let go with helmets etc falling on sleds in the trailer.

didn't see much for various hooks but you can use the ones at Zellers, they are lighter duty but look like they will hold up, for coats ropes, tie downs etc.
Crap Tire also sells the lighter duty hooks and some steel baskets. Although with steel baskets everything will likely pop out on every bump you hit.
Peavey had a few cloth mesh baskets that look like they would work.

Any ideas on cabinets, light weight, inexpensive would be good. Saw some HD shop units, cheap, but heavy particle board construction. Looked at various plastic shop units, not sure if heavy duty enough, depending what goes inside I'd guess.

What, or how are enclosed trailers insulated with, and is it needed. Have heard that walls will warp in a heated trailer?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought that also , but at the Ed snow show I asked one of the dealer dudes and he said fiberglass. Was wondering if that was true, as they would not provide much of an R-value for the expense. Felt that spray foam would be the best for the space between the walls.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya thats another route.but the styrophone is R-5 per inch. so 1" = R-5 2" = R-10 and so on. But you can get 16 sq/ft of strophone(dont buy that cheap white crap, use the outdoor foam) 20 bucks or so. i figure its gonna cost me about 300 for insulation.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the Suncast track, it is made of plastic and very durable. We have several baskets and different styles of hooks. Furnace ducting is in, but I don't have any pics of it yet.

enclosed

Top Bottom