Chinese diesel heaters for enclosed sled trailer

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hooked mine up yesterday and it just started with zero issues. Ran it for a few hours on various heat setting. The remote even connected first try

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All good info. This is a self contained unit and the fuel tank is on top. I have put new clamps on all hoses and the air bubbles still form. Because the heater is on bottom it only takes about half an hour of running and the fuel line is almost all air . That's why I was wondering if I separated pieces from the stand it's in and put heater higher than fuel tank it should disperse bubbles through heater as they develop. Just my thoughts on it anyway
ah gotcha. - all in 1. Yes, I would try and connect a fuel tank lower than the heater, see if that helps. The fuel pump will pump uphill a couple meters, or it should anyway, 8-10 inches shouldn't be a problem. after that, I would say maybe try an external fuel pump.

Outwest1

Reaction score
Have had my heater going for pretty much 3 years now and run it almost non stop with a ton of hours on it now. Have my fuel tank level almost with the top of the heater. Always have bubbles from the pump cavitation and doesn't really effect the heater. Run the pump on prime mode til the air bubbles hit the heater and then run as normal. I find if battery charge is a bit low it will get a little more air in line but not much and doesn't really effect the heater that much.

Attachments

• 20230107_175524.jpg
    20230107_175524.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 82

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I know these are basically all the same Chinese knock offs, but does any brand or model stand out as a better buy? I remember reading some time ago that certain controllers were more reliable than others. Any experience with the ones advertised as v2.0 and have bluetooth?

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pulled mine apart and mounted fuel tank lower with a continuous uphill climb to heater. I temporarily installed it all and ran it for 10 minutes and saw no signs of air building up. Seems to be working as small bubbles just migrate up and through burner. I am taking it as a win!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I know these are basically all the same Chinese knock offs, but does any brand or model stand out as a better buy? I remember reading some time ago that certain controllers were more reliable than others. Any experience with the ones advertised as v2.0 and have bluetooth?
Mostly all the same. Get one with a programmable controller so you can adjust the pump frequency, do not get a "dial style" controller. Also, some people will be horrified that I will say this - but you're best to buy a Vevor or Happybuy one because at least you can return it if you need. There's a lot of knock offs of the knock offs and it will suck if you have to do a return, but the bigger companies seem to do returns easier (at least in the FB groups that I'm part of). Vevor you can buy direct off the Canadian website and most of the Vevor ones seem to be pretty good.

Outwest1

Reaction score
Mostly all the same. Get one with a programmable controller so you can adjust the pump frequency, do not get a "dial style" controller. Also, some people will be horrified that I will say this - but you're best to buy a Vevor or Happybuy one because at least you can return it if you need. There's a lot of knock offs of the knock offs and it will suck if you have to do a return, but the bigger companies seem to do returns easier (at least in the FB groups that I'm part of). Vevor you can buy direct off the Canadian website and most of the Vevor ones seem to be pretty good.
Agree !!! Parts are easy to get as well. I keep a spare glow plug and fuel pump handy as they are cheap to buy and they are the parts that go bad I have found with the vevor. Just check the numbers on the pump for ml it puts out and run the same and good to go.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What’s the best budget battery to keep one of these going for a couple hours

Should I be looking at RV deep cycle 12v?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have a couple 125Ah AGM Solar batteries in my trailer. Can run the heater for 4 nights in a row until it runs out of fuel every night without any issues.

Haven't tried any longer without plugging in.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What’s the best budget battery to keep one of these going for a couple hours

Should I be looking at RV deep cycle 12v?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Any generic 12V battery can keep it running, don't need a deep cycle. Start up and shut down draws about 12 amps due to the glow plug, cycles for about 1 min, that's usually the defining point. If you've got a place to plug in you can use a 120V to 12V power supply from amazon (like $30-40 - get at least a 20 amp) or its plugged into the truck while driving, there's no issues. If you can run the truck or start the heater when its plugged into shore power or on a charger, even better, that saves a big amount of amps, and after that a decent battery should run it for the better part of a day.

Top Bottom