Trailer Accessories

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I have set up my Snowmobile trailer with quite a few cabinets and hooks. I ordered in most of my stuff, it came quite quick too.

Here's a link to a site in Florida that has a great selection of accessories

www.pitsupply.com

If you have a good place to get accessories locally or mail order, please post there name or url

Thanks, RON

J

j-rock

i built my own trailer. started out as a little 4x8 snowbear, we put on an 8x10 deck made out of plywood and 2x4's. looks pretty hot. and pretty ghetto actually.

sorry to say no cabinets or interior heating... no interior at all actually.

summitron

Reaction score
Here's a couple pics of mine, still a work in progress. Mods to date-undermount batteries, fans, shelves, wall mounted tool boxes, exterior spot lights, undermount propane tanks (still fabricating), 35,000 btu undermount furnace, carbide guides, bunch of decals (inside), hoping to install undermount fuel tanks soon with retractable fuel hose, trying to find exterior decals that I like.

Attachments

• Sled trailer pics 005.jpg
    Sled trailer pics 005.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 434
  • Saturday Dec 3, 007.jpg
    Saturday Dec 3, 007.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 404

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Although I undestand the concept of having bunks, I like the idea of a toilet and a shower in the morning. For $100. split between two to 4 riders it's worth it.
Just My 2 cents worth.
I will say I love the idea of all the hooks and and shelves. Nice trialier.

summitron

Reaction score
, I like the idea of a toilet and a shower in the morning. For $100. split between two to 4 riders it's worth it.
Just My 2 cents worth.

I agree, I would rather sleep in warm hotel, and have a hot tub, I was thinking about a toybox or motorhome but I'm just not sure they build one that is really good in the winter. After a long day sledding I want to relax in comfort. I do like tinkering in it and it's like a garage away from home.

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Here are some pics of the Snow and Mud trailer, this is a slide show.

Some of the items I have added are:
Aluminum fold down benches
Aluminum fold down tool bench and product holder
Cabinet
Atwood 20000 btu forced air RV furnace
Go RV power system cw 120V converter to 12V
Go RV 1750 watt power converter
1200 watt Go RV solar panel on roof and controller
Stainless helmet rack
4 Powermad quick clams with stainless holders
AM/FM Radio
2 Fantastic fans for RV's with auto openers
Go RV remote spot light
Armorthane to floor
Powermadd tracks going in back door and out front door
Sunburst radiant heater
Propane tank mounted underneath.
Electric front jack

Stuff I am going to add just need some time..
100 gal fuel cell with pump and hose
Armorthane to front of trailer

If you need to know where I got any of these products ask in this forum and I will let you know.

RON

summitron

Reaction score
Wow, that's a pretty snazzy set up. What did it cost to armorthane the floor, is it slippery when it's wet? Are those flouresent lights 12v or 120, I wanted to put 12 v one's in mine but the RV one's are quite small and a little to spendy for me. Do you know where you are getting your fuel cell, I have been trying to find one, I started building one instead.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Wow, that's a pretty snazzy set up. What did it cost to armorthane the floor, is it slippery when it's wet?

Armorthane was about $3500, Its slippery on the doors going down but I have Powermadd slads on them. Otherwise its good. Very durable surface, Theres not a mark after 2 years..

Are those flouresent lights 12v or 120

There 120V Electronic Ballasts so they work in the cold, I have 2 6V battery's that power this and GO RV solar system

Do you know where you are getting your fuel cell, I have been trying to find one, I started building one instead
Im getting it from a truck place on sherwood park freeway. I'll let you know. There are alot of laws in regards to this so please look onto before you do. You cannot fill your sleds up inside of the trailer and it must be in a vented cabinet.

RON

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
Trailer

I did most of the instalations for Ron's Trailer. It took several days to complete. It was a good learning experience. If anyone needs any help with such instalations send me a P.M.
Steve

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fueling Sleds in an Enclosed Trailer

You commented that it is illegal to fuel sleds in an enclosed trailer.

Is it actually a law or just good safety precautions?

Also possibly because of the heating system within your trailer has potential for an open furnace flame or spark maybe.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I copied this from the ASA web site

January11, 2007
Dave Campbell Shell Canada Products 400-4th Avenue S.W.
P.O. Box 100, Station M
General Manager Calgary, Alberta T2P2H5
Canadian Council of Snowmobile Organizations TEL(403)6913111
29 Berkley Drive
Riverview, NB E1B 2L4 Dear Mr. Campbell,
Re: Dangers of Fuelling Snowmobiles in Enclosed Trailers or Vehicles
Further to my e-mail correspondence dated September 12, 2006, I wanted to advise you that I am sharing the following safety information with provincial/territorial snowmobile associations.
People sometimes fuel snowmobiles inside covered trailers or vehicles, which can contain multiple machines. It’s unsafe to refuel any vehicle or container in an enclosed area for the following reasons:
• Fire codes require attendants to observe all fuelling activity to ensure safe fuel handling and to intervene if a problem such as a spill or fire occurs. Attendants cannot monitor refueling if a customer is inside an enclosed trailer or vehicle.
• Gasoline vapours are highly flammable, and if confined inside an enclosed trailer or vehicle, can be ignited by static or other ignition sources. If this happens, customers could be trapped inside the enclosed space with no easy escape.
• Inhaling gasoline vapours in an enclosed space is a health hazard.
Given these risks and forthcoming regulations in some provinces, fuelling in enclosed areas is not permitted at Shell Canada’s company-controlled stations. Customers should fill “CSA Approved” portable containers on the ground outside the enclosed vehicle or trailer. Containers should be filled only to 95% capacity. Equipment can be fuelled at the destination only when unloaded. Customers can purchase “CSA Approved” portable containers from our stations.
We know how important safety is to the snowmobile community and appreciate your help to share this communication with your members. It will help them better understand Shell Canada’s fuelling policy and could save lives.
Please feel free to contact me at (403) 691-3639 if you have any questions or would like to discuss this m
Sincei
Gord Reid
Manager, Health Safety & Environment — Marketing
Shell Canada Limited
c.c. John Skowronski, Canadian Petroleum Products Institute

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Wow, that's interesting informaton. With so many sleds having reverse this won't be such a big problem. I can't imagine the converstion with the attendant and the sledders at a station after the guys have parked, lowered the doors etc only to be told thay have to unload to fill. It might not be pretty.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, easy to write the memo when you aren't the skinny zit faced 16 yr old that has to face down four pi$$ed of sledders at 6:30 in the morning for $9.00 an hour.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
built my own enclosed sled trailer last year. Was going to buy one but they wanted $9grand. So decided to build our own. Quite the learning experience. All in all it probably cost me just as much but mine is nicer than the one we were going to buy. We put a receiver hitch inside standing up so we can slide a winch in incase of break downs no more back breaking lifting/pulling. Also put a cargo box over the two axles with access from inside for tool storage. We are going to put a full size decal on both sides of the trailer later this year when not to busy.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
summitron there is a place in Medicine Hat that does decals or car wraps. I had a decal in my trucks rear window of the company that I work for. If you have a picture that you took they can enlarge it and make it the decal for your trailer. We are going to be doing my trailer later this year They are going to cover both sides of the trailer from front to back top to bottom. The company is called Boylan's Photocopy (403)526-9599 ask for Shane he is my sledding/quadding partner in crime. Nothing illegal crime partner. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom