Trail Repairs 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same as our area where snow brought down many !

Trails have been good this year, less the ohv/ fire ban that limited units from out West. Camp sites look clean too.

Big thx too all that put in the effort to keep the dream alive.

More then ever do we need gooder stewart-ship.

Pal 1 of many !

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Helps to have a good chain saw and quick release holder for it. I need to pick up a good chainsaw Jerry can soon. All the new ones are kinda big.

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup chainsaw work needs done in the area I usually ride this weekend. It would be nice to have some type of quick release holder though. It gets bounced around pretty good in the bed and often leaks a bit inside the case.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I wish they made a chainsaw mount that used "mountain addiction" rails. Then I could take the saw in the winter and summer

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish they made a chainsaw mount that used "mountain addiction" rails. Then I could take the saw in the winter and summer
That is easy to build. Buy the big bag. Take the top cover off. Make a slot for the blade to slide out and bungy the saw down.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one guy we ride with has the small sthil one handed saw and uses a milk crate mounted on the front rack with a slot for the bar cut into with one little bungey cord works great and takes
2 seconds to get the saw out of the crate the crate also holds the gas and bar oil ( he uses the plastic camping fuel bottles )

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is a couple of pics of 2 bridges out riding group built a few years back
the first one is 50 ft long and 5 feet up off the creek it was a little wobbly so we had to cross brace the underside to firm it up

bridge 1.jpg bridge 2.jpg

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks Great everyone

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one guy we ride with has the small sthil one handed saw and uses a milk crate mounted on the front rack with a slot for the bar cut into with one little bungey cord works great and takes 2 seconds to get the saw out of the crate the crate also holds the gas and bar oil ( he uses the plastic camping fuel bottles )
Can you get a pic of that please I think that's a great idea

Last edited by a moderator:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find the small folding hand saw works well also

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They do what they do doo best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Was at a SSRP meeting today dealing with Recreation Management. All I can say is the Motorized world is going to change. Some will be OK others will not. The "Wild and Free Alberta" is coming to a end. Some say way overdue others do not see the need. Time will tell how it all turns out. Enjoy it while you can out there

morerpmfred

Reaction score
Thank you for getting involved. With out active engagement with AEP. We will lose all motorized access.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you for getting involved. With out active engagement with AEP. We will lose all motorized access.

Thanks. This a real eye opener process. The government wants to help and are going to help but we will see to what level. Thanks to hard working clubs like Quad Squad and Calgary ATV riders just to mention a couple the government sees the interest in clubs to improve and change the way we all OHV out in the backcountry.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. This a real eye opener process. The government wants to help and are going to help but we will see to what level. Thanks to hard working clubs like Quad Squad and Calgary ATV riders just to mention a couple the government sees the interest in clubs to improve and change the way we all OHV out in the backcountry.

They did make some nice new trails at rig street.

And the trash bins are great that are being donated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom