Trail Pass Increases!

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow! That's a bit demanding! You sound like my wife......It's not that easy to get volunteers to train on the groomers. Have you trained on the groomer for your club? If you even belong to a club, then you'd know it's never easy to get volunteers to do anything. But for someone like you to say "they better be grooming...blah, blah, blah"....in my opinion that's makin you sound like a spoilt little Brat! None of us like rough trails but some people just grumble about it more than others.

well there sno-ghost i will put my time into the club but thanks ... spoilt little brat ummm maybe i am maybe i am not you do not know me so maybe stfu... well when the club say it is for the groomer and they dont groom well they can kiss my *** ... and if they dont like it dont groom doesnt bother me any .... i just have too go slower and there will be less peeps which means better pow lol it just hurts the towns more less money being spent ... other wise like i said before i do not have a problem with paying

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quit your moanin and bitching. Look at the change in the parking lot in the last 10 years, not many utility trailers behind 15 year old pickup anymore. More like a 1 year old deisel crewcab pulling a 28 ft enclosed, and it isn't full of ET 340s. So if a 10 dollar increase is going to bankrupt you, you better rethink your situation. People are always going to bitch about paying for stuff. It's human nature, just bitch about things worth bitching about, like riding area closures. Doesn't some of the money go to support the clubs, and thier dealings with goverment to keep our areas open? If this is all we have to complain about then I guess we have it pretty good all in all.

spot on dude!

nothing more frustrating for a VOLUNTEER freezing their butt off and getting grilled over a $20 fee when someone is driving a 100k rig.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well there sno-ghost i will put my time into the club but thanks ... spoilt little brat ummm maybe i am maybe i am not you do not know me so maybe stfu... well when the club say it is for the groomer and they dont groom well they can kiss my *** ... and if they dont like it dont groom doesnt bother me any .... i just have too go slower and there will be less peeps which means better pow lol it just hurts the towns more less money being spent ... other wise like i said before i do not have a problem with paying

Sorry, You're right I don't know you, but whenever someone says that volunteers "had better do this or better do that" it does come across as a demand. I've been involved in various clubs long enough to get my panties in a knot when someone tells me as a volunteer what I had "Better do". :beer:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats canada my friend...were taxed and taxed on the tax, but our beer is strong and we do love winter.........so everyone who rides just accepts that it's just part of what we have to pay for what we love to do..........I just wish more of it actually went to the clubs and not to the gov't coffers!

None of these trail fees are paid to the Government what the hell are you talking about......

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Government still takes the tax off the fee.

Maybe in B.C., not here, non profit organizations don't pay taxes if they follow the rules. We even get back the GST the club paid for brushing and cat work on our new trails from what I understand.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trail pass is so much more than a trail pass the monies collected not only go for the upkeep and maintance of the trails but also to helping the clubs keep areas open also to fixing up cabins that people seem to insist on writing on the walls putting holes in them and so on, maybe if the clubs didn't have to spend so much time and money in repairing things that people seem to think they have a right to destroy they might be able to groom each trail 1 more time a week or even open up new trails. Also if people would learn to ride consistently up the trail instead of stop and pin it the trail would last a lot longer. As far as complaining about the trails shut the F**K up, lots of times last year guys were complaining about the poor grooming up the renshaw whenever i went up the trail it was good so quit bitching about the cost of it and Hotrod awesome job on the grooming last year.

sub zero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont have a problem with the trail pass. where i do have a problem is, when they start sitting at an area they dont groom and try charging.we have an area here and its a back way into the main area, we like it because we dont have to use there trails, cabin or deal with the traffic of people. i figure since they dont groom it, maintain it and we dont go on there maintained trails, they shouldnt be there charging.

powerclaw

Reaction score
its not bad when you only have yourself to pay for but when you have a wife and two kids it gets expensive when your there for a weekend. they should have group or family discounts.just a suggestion

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
If the gov. would make licencing and registering snowmobiles manditory in the province of the B.C. we wouldn`t be faced now with requests for donations and increases in daily fees and club memberships.

Do you really believe that the license/registration fees would actually go back to the clubs? It certainly doesn't work that way in Alberta where it has been law for years. We would still be scrambling for funds and the BC government would be using our money to pay for other things (like Vancouver Olympics deficit).

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always get a kick out of these threads. Same guys b!tchin' and moanin' are the same guys that jam up the trail at 100 mph, drag racing from corner to corner and then whine about how rough the trail is on the way down at the end of the day. :rolleyes: A little bit of throttle control goes a long way....

All these people think that because they pay, the groomers should just run up and down the trail all day, making the trail buttery smooth. HERE'S THE KEY: Grooming can only be conducted when there is enough snow on the trail. Groom it in the morning and its good, a couple dozen sleds later and it's got 2 ft whoops and all the snow is punched to the sides from azzhats railing the corners at 50 kph. The groomer can't just drag the trail now because they will down to gravel in those corners. Nothing like trashing a $50,000 drag-behind to make a couple people happy. So they gotta wait until there is more snow or try and drag it off the sides of the trail, and major trail work can only be done on weeknights typically, the last thing you want is to try and be grooming the trail on a Sunday afternoon when the yahoo's are flying down at WOT. Accident waiting to happen. So it stays bumpy until Wednesday night.

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey sub zero. Its sledders like you who spend big money on upgrades to sled then try to avoid the toll booth. Toll money is not only for trail grooming, cabin repairs, garbage clean up, or trail cleaning in summer. Its for poeple to fight for the right for you ,me and everyone else to be out there. From some logging companies, to ski companys and tree huggers that don,t want us out there . So every year the clubs and snowmobile organization fight for use. This takes big money for lawyers and lobbying. So pay even if not using trails, because your still out in the mountains that don,t belong to you.

CRF

Reaction score
Soon there will be permit passes for some (most) riding areas in BC due to closures ie: cariboo, CAA recommendations, ect. There will be a set number of passes in a calander year and it will be up to the local clubs that have Trail establishment under Forest and Range Practices Act to grant club members these passes.

It's just a matter of time before this will happen, I know that the local guys that put their own time volunteering many hours with their clubs and supporting the local communities they live and ride in will be given precedence.

It takes many many hours to get local clubs set up and to register the riding areas with the gov and also a ton more red tape that goes along with it, so enjoy having the option to pay to ride, while it lasts.:beer:

As far as the amount of cash that goes to the clubs, it doesnt really matter cause all that money goes to trail groomers and other costs just to up keep the trail systems, it does not go to locals volunteering their time to keep these areas open.

sub zero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey sub zero. Its sledders like you who spend big money on upgrades to sled then try to avoid the toll booth. Toll money is not only for trail grooming, cabin repairs, garbage clean up, or trail cleaning in summer. Its for poeple to fight for the right for you ,me and everyone else to be out there. From some logging companies, to ski companys and tree huggers that don,t want us out there . So every year the clubs and snowmobile organization fight for use. This takes big money for lawyers and lobbying. So pay even if not using trails, because your still out in the mountains that don,t belong to you.

well pete. for your info. i actually do belong to a club and i do pay my way. just saying its not right to charge a trail pass on a non-maintained trail. its hitler additudes of some of these clubs that send a bad message out.

CRF

Reaction score
well pete. for your info. i actually do belong to a club and i do pay my way. just saying its not right to charge a trail pass on a non-maintained trail. its hitler additudes of some of these clubs that send a bad message out.

Groomed trails will be the least of your worries soon. How about not even being able to ride in most areas of BC.

sub zero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Groomed trails will be the least of your worries soon. How about not even being able ride in most areas of BC.

clubs already apply for tenure every year. thats nothing new. its when the clubs start pushing for licencing and chit like that when things get bad. we've already seen it with the ohv park they started here. all's great, then they start preaching there way or the hwy additudes.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Fernie will be charging $10/day this year for a trail "fee".....no increase from last year. Our Club memberships are $80 and has been raised by $5 for the HST. Club members don't pay trail fees as they are expected to volunteer with various club events and projects or make donations in kind. Memberships are available on-line at We groom our main trails twice per week and some minor trails 4 times a year. Yea, they may not be perfect but they are a lot better than they have been in past years.

Two other points that I want to make:
1. Grooming is best done at night so that the snow can set up and freeze. It is also safer at night when there are no sledders. Those that think the trial should be groomed twice a day can go pound sand. It is a waste of time and fuel. A hundred sleds will pound out a trail no matter how well it was groomed or set up. Frozen snow is not very hard and does not make a great base that will last for a long time.
2. The trail pass fee or grooming fee, as mentioned above, is for more than grooming. SnowCats aren't cheap, maintenance isn't cheap, operating them isn't cheap, and buildings for storage or maintenance aren't cheap. Trails require signage, maps are printed, cabins are built and maintained, trails are cleared summer and winter, bar-b-ques (Wrangler's Cabin goes through one bar-b-que per year and normally a couple of axes that our fine brothers manage to take somewhere), fire wood, money set aside to replace and aging SnowCat and an aging cabin.

The guys and girls who work the gates don't need the hassle from those who want to complain, nor do they need the sneeks that like to find a way past. It is a thankless job but someone has to doo it!

So pay up and put a smile on your face!

CRF

Reaction score
Yes and clubs fight every year for those Tenure areas. We are still losing areas to ride. You should be grateful that you can ride in some of the best snowmobiling in the world for only 20 bucks. SOME out of province sledders have no fn clue.

Fish and Wildlife - Environment - Province of British Columbia

"Snowmobile Closures
Under the Mountain Caribou Recovery Implementation Plan, scientists recommended over one million hectares across the mountain caribou range be closed to motorized winter recreation to facilitate recovery of caribou populations."

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much do you pay for a round of golf every weekend? This is pretty cheap compared to that.
User pay is how the groomer operates.

thats a good observation. lol. the backcountry is alot better than any 130$ a round course ive been on! aha

but i guess you dont need a 15,000$ bag of clubs to golf...

Top Bottom