Track Strap Hole

WildWestDooing

Reaction score
Factory set standard 3 hole on track strap. Yesterday my sled take to service and change to 4 hole. Now I am seeing strap is loosen not tighten. Main purpose is for playing at mountain. For hill climbing mountain, what setting should it be? 2 or 4 hole? or better leave at factory setting at 3?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Factory set standard 3 hole on track strap. Yesterday my sled take to service and change to 4 hole. Now I am seeing strap is loosen not tighten. Main purpose is for playing at mountain. For hill climbing mountain, what setting should it be? 2 or 4 hole? or better leave at factory setting at 3?

Mine I felt it wheelied too much in #3

Tightened to 2

Much better climbing and still hangs the skis if u want

sent while I should be drinking tea's

wiffler79

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tightened mine to 2 hole and moved scissor back 3/4 inch. Just did buddies scissor arm and left stock limiter strap, i noticed mine way better for less trenching and control going to tighten his up one hole.

Sent from my iPhone using

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I let mine out to the 2nd hole, it actually keeps the skis down better than 3. Tightening the strap will lower the front and adds ski pressure, but it also places more of the load on the marginal rear springs....so then it seems you have to stiffen the rear springs or go to HD springs or move the scissor to keep the rear from collapsing. If you haven't tried it, I would try letting the strap out one hole with a fairly soft front skid spring. This seems to allow a softer setting on the rear, retains the full susp travel and a better bump ride with less ski pressure on the roads. Thats what has worked the best on my XM.

WildWestDooing

Reaction score
My old sled 2010 xp. Was set to 4. So I am going to change to 2 on new XM sled. And maybe scissor tension may need change too. Thanks for inf. See now my sled dash showing Break In now come up. Now it is 22.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tightend mine up from stock and it is much better now. Can't remember if I went from 4 to 3 or 3 to 2.

Top Bottom