Track shock adjustment for Pro RMK

superdad

Reaction score
Just wondering what adjustments a guy should make for better deep snow climbing. Seems to trench alot! I tightened the limit strap but not sure which way to go with the shock adjustments

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loosen up the front and tighten up the back I believe.. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

muddmadness

Reaction score
i find the best is to loosen off front spring and tighten up rear like poo88 said. i keep it just soft enough that i only bottom out on hard hits. I wouldnt have bothered with the limiter strap

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could be way off on this but, isn't only the rear shock adjustable on the Pro? And wouldn't tightening the limiter keep the angle of attack steeper?

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, how do you tighten up the front? I've thought about doing this as well, cause I'm a great trencher. Get a new spring put on it, or change out the shocks all together.

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah sorry I misread that post.. Preload is but damping isn't adjustable on the front track shock.. Kept thinking he meant damping fer some reason lol

Last edited:

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was talking Pre-load, as there is not dampening adjustment on the Pro RMK, just on the Assault. I thought only the rear pre-load was adjustable, not the front. But I guess I'm wrong. Thanks!

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah lol I was talking about the assault fer some reason

superdad

Reaction score
It seems to climb through the trees better . I would say cuts through the deeper snow better. I did this to a Dragon I had and got the same result. It doesnt pull the skiis off the ground on hard pack after you make this adjustment like it used to

Top Bottom