Track and motor mods 07 800R

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i found a sweet deal on a new CAMOPLAST MAVERICK TRACK SNOWMOBILE MOUNTAIN 162 x 16 x 2.25 x 3.0 track. Seems to be the best deal i have found. 550can new shipped no exchange. No i know i will need different drivers an such and a offset axle and some 8" or 9" wheels. Now is there anything else i woul need???

(1) 162x16x2.25x3.00
(1) set of 3.00" pitch drivers(is there any specific ones? 7 or 8 or 9 tooth???)
(1) off set axle with bigger wheels

Now i have been doing some reading and i have read alot about the BB 860R motors and such, but im not sure i want to.(i no longer have any warranty so id like to build this motor to last a bit longer so should i have the crank run out looked at???) I have read about the SLP kit and the RK tek drop in kit and some different heads and such. Now i would like to do the track this year thats why i only looking for a drop in kit and not the BB. Any suggestions???

Also i alreay have a BD nitrous kit with 40hp nozzles and i also have a Dual SLP egt gauge that i have not installed yet but i plan on it. Im also gonna install a temp gauge and some more venting this year.

Now i live in Sask, and will be riding out here but also alot of mountain riding still. Im wondering if im gonna need 2 different types of heads(either the stock and a aftermerket for the mountains) as im at about 600meter for elevation out here and revy and such is about 1500 meters and up.

Any input would be helpful and im open to any opions on the track and motor mods.

thanks

Kiel

krazy ken

Reaction score
Buddy of mine did the RKTek 860 BB runs 162 track geared at 19/47. Out climbs 200+ M1000. Also has NOS about 40 or 50 hp shot.

tom29

Reaction score
thats funny, I haven't seen a m1000 make more than 190 with twin pipes and porting. not much will touch it. your friend with the m1000 has issues. probably a real good single pipe?

also catsuki, you got a good deal on the maverick track cause most are giving them away, there that good! not.
do the drop in kit and change pistons every 500 miles? and you talk about building a motor to last? you should be looking at a 860 with cast pistons.
reliable and make some power.

Top Bottom