Toyota Tundra

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my friends has the last body style of Yota pickup. It has a small but high torque V8. He and his wife use it to pull a small 5th wheel travel trailer. It works very well for them. Shortly after he purcahsed it he had a true dual exhaust installed. It sounds very nice and is not too loud. He documents his fuel economy and he noticed an improvment after his exhaust mods. I have driven it when we were hunting for firewood while out camping and I was impressed with the power and torque it makes. The newer larger Yota V8s have even more torque and hp than the one my friend has. I have heard the new ones are pretty hard on fuel compared to the last series V8.

Today I saw a really cool lifted and fully modified late model 5.7 Tundra. From what I could tell it had every aftermarket part you could think of on it! I bet it would be a lot of fun in the mud!

Some of my friends used to run those late 70s 4x4 Yota pickups. They were amazing off road machines! They only had to complete a couple of mods and they would go even more places. First mod was to install some high arch springs. Second mod was to install some 33 or 35 inch tires and wheels. It always blew me away where they could go with only those two mods! There is something to be said for simplicity in a smaller, lighter machine. I have my doubts that the newer trucks could go the same places with out extensive mods...or thrashing the machine.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of my friends used to run those late 70s 4x4 Yota pickups. They were amazing off road machines! They only had to complete a couple of mods and they would go even more places. First mod was to install some high arch springs. Second mod was to install some 33 or 35 inch tires and wheels. It always blew me away where they could go with only those two mods! There is something to be said for simplicity in a smaller, lighter machine. I have my doubts that the newer trucks could go the same places with out extensive mods...or thrashing the machine.

I had a 1990 yota pickup with a 4" lift on 33's. I only got stuck once, and I earned that stuck. We had to pull all the plugs and I shot water 6 feet out of each cylinder. Put everything back together and she got me out of the bush that day. Sold it to a dude around here and I stil see him cruising around in it all the time. Super capable little trucks.

whickey

Reaction score
My brother in law has one and he loves it. Says it is fine on fuel until he pulls his trailer. I thinks it 25 ft or so and then he says he goes from gas station to gas station. He does not mind though he figures if he burns an extra 100-400 a season camping it is worth the ride for him. He says the power is great.

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While we were out in the foot hills quading this weekend we saw many Tundras both on the highways towing as well as out on the logging roads. They seemed to be pulling reasonable sized trailers and 5th wheels quite well. We were only around 12 kms off of the pavement this time so we saw lots of cool units come and go during the long weekend.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The boss has one , pulls a 28 foot enclosed, 4 sleds , 4 guys and all the gear. He is a gasmizer, i dont know the exact #'s but if it wasnt good he wouldnt keep it. Enough power that he can still pass. Without the trailer, it will get up and leave you behind if you are not straped in. The cab space is great, im over 6 foot and am quite happy to relax in the back seat for 2-3 hours

Did you sit in the front... im 6 1 and i sat in one yesterday... my head was hitting the door side of the roof???? Anyone else experience this???

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm 6'2" and owned mine for nearly 4 years never hit my head in the roof of the truck so far.

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 limited lifted with a sled deck... rides awesome with tons of power as for gas mileage.... best not talk about it

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm 6'2" and owned mine for nearly 4 years never hit my head in the roof of the truck so far.

Thanks i phoned a buddy... i was told the sunroof models have lower head room???? Anyhow... im going back to take the wife and the boy (19months) see if we should get a bouble cab or crew max... i like the longer box but don't want my boy kicking the backs of the seats anymore.

Top Bottom