Toyota Tundra

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many members drive the Tundra and whats your comments on the truck, likes and dislikes. Does the trucck with the 5.7 have enough pulling power for a mid sized trailer trailer 24' - 28'), what fuel economy are you getting? any input would be appreciated. :)

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a guy at our campsite that has one. Nice truck lots of power but brutal mileage. He never said how bad but it was worse than his chev 350 (5.7 Vortec). He had GMC products for years and now he is a Toyoda fan. In fact his company has switched from Ford and GMC to Tundra' for field trucks.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
our welders dad bought one he seems tolike it but doesn't really haul much more than a qaud trailer withit. mileage is comparable to all the others i think they are all in the same range when it comes to that catagory. i would be worried about loading though cause the front axle looks like its farther back than any of the big three might be kinda light on the front when towing a heavier bumper pull trailer.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The boss has one , pulls a 28 foot enclosed, 4 sleds , 4 guys and all the gear. He is a gasmizer, i dont know the exact #'s but if it wasnt good he wouldnt keep it. Enough power that he can still pass. Without the trailer, it will get up and leave you behind if you are not straped in. The cab space is great, im over 6 foot and am quite happy to relax in the back seat for 2-3 hours

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am hoping to upgrade to the Tundra once i'm ready to return or sell my leased Tacoma, i'm not neccessarily a fan of any brand, and i absolutely love the Tacoma what a great little truck..tons of towing capacity for a little V6 is rated as a half ton so i can just imagine that the Tundra would meet its expectations since the Taco has really impressed me. Only reason I choose Toyota is because I get a killer discount :)

DonKiddic

Reaction score
How many members drive the Tundra and whats your comments on the truck, likes and dislikes. Does the trucck with the 5.7 have enough pulling power for a mid sized trailer trailer 24' - 28'), what fuel economy are you getting? any input would be appreciated. :)

I've got a '09 Tundra, I get 17.5 MPG town, 24 MPG HWY, And I've towed about 4000-5000 lbs a number of times and get 15 MPG.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just read that a 4.5L Tundra diesel is supposively already released in the US, however they are "supposed" to be debuting a HD 7.0L Tundra diesel by 2012.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who knows whats true and whats not..but it sure would be neat to see the Tundra compete in the diesel powered category.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who knows whats true and whats not..but it sure would be neat to see the Tundra compete in the diesel powered category.

if you read the specs on that baby it wont compete in the diesel market i think it will rule it. pretty impressive numbers they are putting out.

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also own a Tundra 08 TRD love it lots of power with the 5.7 lt

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Tundra is a great truck on warranty! off warranty it gets rather expensive to repair. i can't remember how much the brake pads were but wow, they were pricy! you can only buy wiper blades from toyota and they're $70 (a pair), i had some air pump fail and that cost me $4100, aaaand now my radiator is leaking...i'm looking forward to see what that comes at? going back to domestic.

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
The wife has an 08 Crewmax with a 6inch pro-comp lift. It has the full TRD exhaust and TRD air-intake. Tons of power! Blows my buddies new Chev 6L gas job out of the water. Gas consumption... now thats another story. can't get more then 400km to a full tank on the highway. Don't know what other brand lifted gas jobs get, but ours is terrible. If she didn't get fuel supplied through her job it would be sold in an instant. Maybe if it was geared down it might help. Overdrive is useless in any amount of incline or headwind. It just shifts down. Everything else about it is awesome, interior room, comfort and style. Oh yea and if you buy a lifted Tundra from the dealer on 97 St in Edmonton never let them do a wheel alignment! They charged her $550 for one. Said it was a "custom" wheel alignment because of the lift. What a bunch of scam artists!:nono: Got it realigned caused it was scrubbing front tires in Bonnyville for $150 now its fine.:p They will hose you!

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does any one of you Tundra guys or gals know when and if they will ever come out with a diesel i heard maybe 2012 ? does anyone have any idea?:confused:

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does any one of you Tundra guys or gals know when and if they will ever come out with a diesel i heard maybe 2012 ? does anyone have any idea?:confused:

Yeah, apparently they have a diesel released already, maybe only in the states I'm not sure, but it just a 200HP one, the HD 7.5L or (maybe) 8.1L dually/diesel is "suspected" to be released in 2012, i've read a lot of different things..but apparently they are working with Isuzu to produce it with the HINO diesel engine..I have posted pics of the above mentioned concept in this thread. It's just a matter of time before Toyota comes up with somethign to blow competition out of the water..

h.karst

Reaction score
If you can't find me check your moms house
Yeah, apparently they have a diesel released already, maybe only in the states I'm not sure, but it just a 200HP one, the HD 7.5L or (maybe) 8.1L dually/diesel is "suspected" to be released in 2012, i've read a lot of different things..but apparently they are working with Isuzu to produce it with the HINO diesel engine..I have posted pics of the above mentioned concept in this thread. It's just a matter of time before Toyota comes up with somethign to blow competition out of the water..

Better get one soon, or wont be able to compete with the big three
Im surprised its taken them so long.... especially in a place like alberta
Alberta is HUGE for truck sales..

van isle

Reaction score
I would guess not until the redesign 2014 model comes out. Just before the new U.S CAFE rules start to come into effect leading to 2020 when every manufactures fleet of cars and trucks must = 35 MPG and now 60 MPG by 2025. :eek:
Episode 457 – 60 MPG Average By 2025, Infiniti G25, Ford Reintroduces Boss Mustang – Autoline Daily

We are seeing the biggest HP cars and trucks we will ever see. Even trucks over the 8500 Gvwr are having new MPG rules starting 2015 which will end the HP and torque wars in Diesel.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting for a "Euro-type" small 1/2 ton diesel truck for years. I want to keep my pick-ups, but I have no need for a 300, 400, 500 or whatever they are now horsepower diesel....I want MILEAGE.

Top Bottom