Torpy/McGregor Area 2012-2013 Riding Conditions

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went out on Saturday for some bluebird pow but only got the bluebird lol

TorpyNov102012002.jpg

TorpyNov102012006.jpg

TorpyNov102012008.jpg

Looks a little skinny on top, but it's the same beautiful endless view...

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now who is confirming the secret I already gave away, hmmmmm?!? Damn women... Can never keep the good stuff quiet :)

Nope, can't keep this heaven on earth a secret, just glad to share it with awesome peeps! Now....to dream of deep POW and bluebird days ahead for the season! :cool:

kingcat900

Reaction score
Did either of your groups give 2 hunters a ride out???? If so THANK YOU They had their families really worried. My husband works with the 2 guys and there were really tired after walking 38kms in wet snow.

Ya that was us who gave them a ride out. You guys are very welcome. Very happy to have helped them get out safely.

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya that was us who gave them a ride out. You guys are very welcome. Very happy to have helped them get out safely.

Thanks again !!!!!! You guys are awesome. I was talking to them again a few days ago and they are sorry for wrecking your day of sledding. I told them you guys were sledders and sledders are a GREAT group of people .

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any ride Torpy this past weekend? Was thinking about checking it out this weekend

I was talking to a friend that went up last weekend. She said that the Burn was still icy, but logs were covered. The top had about three feet, but totally baseless and whenever they got stuck it was right down to dirt. If the McGregors got a good dump this week when we got the snow here, it should be shaping up to be pretty decent! If you go please post pics! I think we're heading to Wells this weekend. :)

mountainmonster

Reaction score
Not last weekend, but a couple of us are going friday or saturday. Mcbride got some decent snow in the last couple weeks so odds are the torpy did too.

Jeffpro800

Reaction score
Went up the Torpy today, still not much snow up the burn, not too icy for the most part. Three feet at the top and no base, still lots of "landmines". Was still a fun ride. It was snowing hard at the end of the day.

Reaction score
Rode Torpy on Saturday and had a blast! burn was awesome in the morning just had to watch for the odd sneeky stump sticking out. Coming back down it was very polished. We pushed are way to the back side over looking Mcgegor river. It getting bettter every week seems its getting the snow, snowing hard when we left. Just wondering if the Snowmobile club could put markers on the side hill part or is that a liability issue? Seems its not to fun going across in a white out for inexperanced people.

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went in Sunday the 25th, great day. 6-8 inches at 12 k (unload). Trail is good, 1 ft at the bottom of the burn and over 2 ft of fresh up top on Sat night. Base is coming, lots of fresh. still have to keep an eye out for the stumps/ rocks. I would say we are on. let the season begin.
037[1].jpg 040[1].jpg

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

driller

Reaction score
rode the burn today was very good, about 18 inches of fresh. probed above second bowl 8 feet
shocks will get tested after the pass

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode the burn today was very good, about 18 inches of fresh. probed above second bowl 8 feet
shocks will get tested after the pass

Ummmm ya... It was OK!! Or Epic. You decide:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355122344.594522.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355122358.506791.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355122369.074946.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355122382.614373.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355122396.246046.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355122408.190952.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355122426.940146.jpg

Still lots of open creeks and unfilled holes. Lots is sliding too: so be extra careful :)

Whoever came up the burn behind us left a MESS. Feel sorry for anyone who had to travel up today :(

YamaDooPolCat

Reaction score
The Prince George Snowmobile Club will be sending out the groomer as soon as we get a new window wiper motor. It is on the way from Europe and cost $600. In other words it cost the equilavent of 8 memberships. The groomer is impossible to run without the wipers.

The club did not had any luck getting a grant this year, so if you know somebody that like riding the Torpy, tell them to buy a membership. Yamaha or BRP in PG have the forms. We will be needing to buy some more diesel. Or if you can donate diesel, contact the club on their website. The Prinoth groomer burns about 410 liter per trip.

YamaDooPolCat

Reaction score
Update.
Poor weather in Austria, so wiper motor finally left today I'm told. It has to go through the Quebec office (hopefully there is some French language on the parcel so the boys don't dump our parcel in the river) then to Calgary office, and then to Prince George. We are hoping to have the part by Friday. I'll see if we can track down where the part is on Monday.
If anyone knows where there is a Prinoth for salvage, see if they have a wiper motor.

Jeffpro800

Reaction score
Yes the groomer would be nice, the trail is getting really bad, is it possible to retrofit a wiper motor somehow? 600 dollars sounds a little steep!? Is it 12 or 24 volts? When you get past the large whoops on the trail, the snow up top is unreal deep pow!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Husband went up yesterday and said it was just a graveyard of stuck sleds when he got to the top!! The powder is unreal tho :) I know it doesn't need to be said, but with these crazy dumps of storm snow and the wind-loading from the blustery snow today, the Avy conditions are only worsening. They were bad a week ago, it will be extremely hazardous now. Play safe kids!!

Top Bottom