Torpy/McGregor Area 2012-2013 Riding Conditions

driller

Reaction score
yamdoopolcat
it's just a suggestion but if there was a drop box at the four dealers in town clearly marked cash for groomer and the trail was groomed i would donate to it.
it would have to be locked and snowmobile club have the key and report what was brought in.
maybe the club has tried this? just a thought

YamaDooPolCat

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion Driller, I'll pass it on.
We need to do something to bring in the cash, or ideas on raising money if people don't want to join the PGSC for some reason.

Side Show

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion Driller, I'll pass it on.
We need to do something to bring in the cash, or ideas on raising money if people don't want to join the PGSC for some reason.

Is it possible to join the PGSC online? I am stuck out at work until mid january, but I would like to join/support the club. Can I purchase a membership for myself, and two of my friends for christmas gifts?

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to join the PGSC online? I am stuck out at work until mid january, but I would like to join/support the club. Can I purchase a membership for myself, and two of my friends for christmas gifts?

You can print the form off from the Club's website and mail in the fees...

Side Show

Reaction score
You can print the form off from the Club's website and mail in the fees...

That would be a great idea! Unfortuneately I am waaay of the beaten path in the middle of nowhere. I guess I'll have to wait until the new year. If the PGSC website had an option to purchase a membership online with a credit card I could be doing it right now. I'm not sure how feasible a change in the website would be, and have no idea of the costs or if would even be worth it for the club, just thinking out loud...

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guy on the white pro looks like he knows how to ride.... Or just finished getting pulled out of the trees, hard to tell

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be a great idea! Unfortuneately I am waaay of the beaten path in the middle of nowhere. I guess I'll have to wait until the new year. If the PGSC website had an option to purchase a membership online with a credit card I could be doing it right now. I'm not sure how feasible a change in the website would be, and have no idea of the costs or if would even be worth it for the club, just thinking out loud...

I think it's great that you are willing to support the club, even if you have to wait until the New Year. We have always just printed off the forms and mailed in our funds....I don't believe the club has any other options for payment set up on-line. Maybe it might be worth it for the club to look into PayPal membership payments set up right from the website? Might be a way to drum up more member support? Could be a way also to donate funds to groomer costs as well. I think most of us nowadays in our busy lifestyle like shopping online, and this would be another way to make membership/donations easier. Just a thought. :)

mountainmonster

Reaction score
Rode up yesterday, trail was OK but still a little rough on parts of the last 14k. The burn is shaping up quite nice and stumps are almost all covered. Snow conditions were perfect and deep, went to the half pipe near the back and spent a fair bit of time punching trail up the two chutes. Nothing slid while we were in the but conditions still require some caution.

YamaDooPolCat

Reaction score
The PGSC finally got the wiper motor for the Pirnoth groomer today. Like $700.
Anyway the some club volunteers will be installing the motor after Christmas, attaching the packer, bolting down the new donated tool box, loading up with donated fuel, and head out before the new year.
The PGSC talked about the donation box idea, but seems no one was sure we could get all the dealers to co-operate with the idea.

sledman700

Reaction score
(The PGSC talked about the donation box idea, but seems no one was sure we could get all the dealers to co-operate with the idea.)
Really? We can't get the dealers to co-operate ? What a shame,it would be much easier to get donations.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went up on Boxing Day, and not a soul around! The trail past the Pass Junction wasn't actually too bad as there had been some major wind drifting and had filled in the big whoops. The Burn was quite drifted as well, had to be on your game for sure. Found lots of untouched stuff in our secret spots. Was an awesome day, gotta love those days when you have good visibility, and the mountain to yourself! We didn't see any recent slides, snow seems to be quite stable, and setting up nicely. :)

driller

Reaction score
I do not understand why the dealers would not go for the drop box idea seems to run against supporting the sport that pays part of their bills.
I have talked to a few people about that idea and have had well over 80% say they would put money in providing there is accountability and grooming happening.
For the most part it is from 26 klm to the burn that gets so rough. Maybe the club has to go to a pay online system and then just post the amount donated if there is money for the diesel then groomer is able to run. Just a thought

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do not understand why the dealers would not go for the drop box idea seems to run against supporting the sport that pays part of their bills.
I have talked to a few people about that idea and have had well over 80% say they would put money in providing there is accountability and grooming happening.
For the most part it is from 26 klm to the burn that gets so rough. Maybe the club has to go to a pay online system and then just post the amount donated if there is money for the diesel then groomer is able to run. Just a thought

I think they should start by raising their membership prices. $95 bucks is too low for the regulars...

XP54

Reaction score
Anybody have a map of this area (Torpy). New to this riding area (always ride yanks and mcbride). How do I get there from PG, and where do I go once I am there? Anyone that has a map, or is willing to draw a map would help me out big time!

Much appreciated in advance.

driller

Reaction score
stop in at any dealer and they will draw you a map

driller

Reaction score
i do not see raising the fees helping raise money for the groomer
wouldn't it be better to have several people chip in and give 5-10-20 bucks

Top Bottom