Torpy/McGregor Area 2012-2013 Riding Conditions

mountainmonster

Reaction score
Went out on the 29th and there is close to 2ft on the pass lake road and about the same at the bottom of the burn. We unloaded at 28km and did the ride into the burn, the snow was all fluff but should have set up some to help with a base. Rode up to the first bench on the burn and found a 4ft round tree had fallen across the trail, didn't try to go up any further. Still snowing hard when we left.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The burn today... Still needs lots of snow. We can usually only see the tops of those "stumps"... Raining sideways down below and snowing up top. (photo courtesy of Snoqueen) Maybe two to three weeks??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352087763.426910.jpg

The trail in...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352087801.024618.jpg

Dsoicher

Reaction score
We heard you coming up, what happened? ;)

It was like ready-mix at the top but lots more snow on the ground and snow/rain falling

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We heard you coming up, what happened? ;)

It was like ready-mix at the top but lots more snow on the ground and snow/rain falling

Haha! We knew you were up there! We could hear you. Visibility was crappy at the top, the ride up past the first bench looked sketchy and no one in our group felt like bashing machines for the sake of "ok" riding. With two brand new machines and two less than a year old, it just isnt worth it. We hightailed it back the the trailer and enjoyed some bevvies instead!! We will try again in two or three weeks. Or maybe skip over the Yanks and see how it is shaping up there.

mountainmonster

Reaction score
Even with the lack of snow it still looks like lots of smiles in the first picture. Always good to get out.

How far up the burn before you notice a change in the snow depth? How much up top, 2-3 ft??

Thanks for the info, soon it will be how much fresh has fallen.

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did either of your groups give 2 hunters a ride out???? If so THANK YOU They had their families really worried. My husband works with the 2 guys and there were really tired after walking 38kms in wet snow.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did either of your groups give 2 hunters a ride out???? If so THANK YOU They had their families really worried. My husband works with the 2 guys and there were really tired after walking 38kms in wet snow.

We ran into the wife as we were unloading and took her information. On our way out, we saw the group that took them out... They had branched right on the road just after the 25km mark on the Pass road and both our groups had gone left. They were picked up by two guys and a girl (on a gnarly Wildcat triple, I might add!!) We saw the crew when we got back to the trailer... They looked cold, haggard and thankful!! It was nice to see a happy ending :)

Dsoicher

Reaction score
Even with the lack of snow it still looks like lots of smiles in the first picture. Always good to get out.

How far up the burn before you notice a change in the snow depth? How much up top, 2-3 ft??

Thanks for the info, soon it will be how much fresh has fallen.

There is progressively more snow all the way to the top with logs everywhere. At the top there was about 2-2.5ft but no base and it was very wet.

Probably no good this weekend but may check it out again next weekend.

mountainmonster

Reaction score
Perfect, thanks! We'll be going up this weekend so i'll update after.

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
going to head in with a new pro and a new XM in the morn. May not head up top but going to go to the Cabin for hot dog and a beverage.

mountainmonster

Reaction score
Went in friday and the snow was the same as 10 days ago other than it had set up into what will be a good base. We made it most of the way into the back but the last chute still had too many visible land mines. Good day, no carnage and we'll try again next run.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ape

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it does not look like that yet... but my GAWD, I can't wait until it does. That's just the first bowl that leads to the next and the next and the next :)

SSSSSHHHHHHH Now Sledmama. There are no good places to ride in the Torpy. Don't listen to that women. LOL

I am having a hard time waiting as well. The Torpy is such a hidden gem!!!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SSSSSHHHHHHH Now Sledmama. There are no good places to ride in the Torpy. Don't listen to that women. LOL

I am having a hard time waiting as well. The Torpy is such a hidden gem!!!

Now who is confirming the secret I already gave away, hmmmmm?!? Damn women... Can never keep the good stuff quiet :)

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 inches at Pass lake rd. 3 inches at cabin. made 2 runs at the Burn trail. Made the first bench and then came back down backwards on second bench. Burn Trail up is all iced over with a skiff on top so not pretty. Called it off as was first ride on a new XM and a new pro. did not feel like making a donation to the parts gods. It will need some snow on the trail before I run it again. Came back to pass turn off and rode out to 40 on the Herik. 104 Km today, Road riding was ok for first trip, sled rides very nice, great handling, great seat, great power. Road is plowed to 12 km. Cheers.
IMG-20121112-00329.jpg IMG-20121112-00330.jpg IMG-20121112-00333.jpg

Top Bottom