Too bad they don't make a 147 3"

robhayward

Reaction score
I see the good news for 154 guys getting a 156 3 inch this year. I'd take a 147 any day, I know there's way less short trackers out there but what gives? We like traction too.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its supply and demand likely, just as its taken this long to possibly get a shorter 3" track. How many 146x3 tracks would Camoplast sell in a year? 10, 20? Probably not enough to justify making it.

In reality, if you feel you could make use out of a 146"x3, you could probably gain from having a 154 or longer track.

robhayward

Reaction score
Its supply and demand likely, just as its taken this long to possibly get a shorter 3" track. How many 146x3 tracks would Camoplast sell in a year? 10, 20? Probably not enough to justify making it.

In reality, if you feel you could make use out of a 146"x3, you could probably gain from having a 154 or longer track.

You're right I might be ordering the 156, but a 154+ doesn't fly like a 37 or 46. So I will still dream of the ability to get going quickly rather than spin for 45 ft trenching on the running boards.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the only difference I found when going from my previous 146 to the 154 was when climbing it wouldn't wheely around. Obviously some floatation gains with the 154, but overally, I found no difference is the aggility of the sled. I strongly considered a 163 this year, but stuck with the 154.

Its only 4" longer overall.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the only difference I found when going from my previous 146 to the 154 was when climbing it wouldn't wheely around. Obviously some floatation gains with the 154, but overally, I found no difference is the aggility of the sled. I strongly considered a 163 this year, but stuck with the 154.

Its only 4" longer overall.

so you like the 154?? I aggree its a minor differance but man I also love the 146 2.5 just some days I wish for both....

TKB so you ordered an e-tec? man I want a new free ride its so tempting and they seem ready out of the box you agree? track is better, clutching is dialed now corect? cant beat the free ride goodies...

come on snow

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so you like the 154?? I aggree its a minor differance but man I also love the 146 2.5 just some days I wish for both....

TKB so you ordered an e-tec? man I want a new free ride its so tempting and they seem ready out of the box you agree? track is better, clutching is dialed now corect? cant beat the free ride goodies...

come on snow

Johni,

A few years ago when I bought my 146" I did so because of the154 XP's I had ridden I didn't like them at all. Plain and simple as I learned, they just weren't sey up correctly, or atleast to the way I like my sleds set up. I didn't feel like the 146 could do any less though after coming off my 151 Rev. The chassis was plain better to ride.

After riding my 146 for a season I clearly saw I wouldn't be unhappy with a longer track. I upgraded and was very happy. When climbing in deep snow the 154 just performed better. I put quite a few rides on an etec last year and with the suspension geometry changes they flat out work.

I did put the cash down on a 2012 X, I toyed with the idea of a 163, but I am comfortable with the 154. Plus I am a lighter guy. Time will tell if the sled is out of the box ready to ride. The track changes will only be proven with riding. The gearing changes are (if they actually show up as specified) exactly what I like to see in the sled. Very low gearing. We will only know if they changed the clutching (after much complaining by dealers) once we get the sled and get into it.

We'll have to get out and ride this year!

Top Bottom