Todays muck around

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What type of winch burnt out, ifs its Warn it has warrantee. I have a WARN EVO 12000 lb winch, would be crummy if that burnt out pulling out a truck.

Glad you got out, sure that put a dent in the day.

It's a warn 16.5. Pretty sure I burnt up the main solenoid because it wouldn't click in or out. We had to cut a soft shackle on our anchor in order to release tension. Should be an easy fix.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't speak for all, but most newer Chev/GMC's can't take chains on the front due to clearance and the manual specifically states no chains on the front or the rear. Still, low profile might fit the front if you are careful, but I would take V-bar rears over low profile fronts.
We put a set of v-bar on the back of the new Chev 2500. It was the only way it was getting out with the factory Michelin tires. Pretty sure he's going to get a new set of tires, and some chains when he gets home.
That's scary for sure,good to have lots of snatch blocks for the winch,they cheap and easy to use multiple
I ordered 3 more after this incident. Would have been out in 20 minutes with a second block.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m having a good laugh reading your posts on Alberta Sledder, Ryan! :ROFLMAO:
Lol. Ya the guy that started that thread was with us. And was pretty bored..wanted to stir the pot a bit and see what happens. Lol.

Been laughing pretty hard ourselves. Sure beats T.V
Lol

• Haha
Reactions: zal

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Lol. Ya the guy that started that thread was with us. And was pretty bored..wanted to stir the pot a bit and see what happens. Lol.

Been laughing pretty hard ourselves. Sure beats T.V
Lol
Friggin red plates

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a bunch of recovery gear to stay in my 1ton. Lesson learned. Hope never to use it. But it does you no good needing and not not having.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a bunch of recovery gear to stay in my 1ton. Lesson learned. Hope never to use it. But it does you no good needing and not not having.
What did you end up getting?

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We messed up.
Went a little too far. With out chains.
Recovery went alright
We got him out maybe 5hrs

V bar chains are unreal. Amazing the jam they can get you out of or keep you out of. We had a mishap years ago and always carry them now. $300 in proper sized chains have go a long ways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We put a set of v-bar on the back of the new Chev 2500. It was the only way it was getting out with the factory Michelin tires. Pretty sure he's going to get a new set of tires, and some chains when he gets home.

I ordered 3 more after this incident. Would have been out in 20 minutes with a second block.
First thing i looked at was the skins you had on and said oh,oh probably not good to be bush bound with stock Sask seal skins. Some good AT's or Winter skins would go along way. Nice to see thinking skills of all involved got you out of a serious jam unscathed. The bill for a Jamie Davis recovery would have been astronomical to say the least. Great job:)

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I chained up both rears because the v-bar chains will do damage to the front of my truck. After this experience, I'll be picking up a set of low profile chains to run on the front as well to help steer.

Although I'd prefer to park before we need them in the future.

I thought that was your unit ! Looks good as always ! No doubt that guys tires sucked ass, hard to believe he kept the stockers on

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive had a few near miss's over the years. Sliding down hills backwards ext.

And came to the conclusion that carbides are cheaper than trucks and if i have to ride a bit of gravel is what it is....

There’s been several times in our history where hammering the truck up “just one more corner” has been well past the point of diminishing returns. Just close your ears while dirtmobiling and you’re usually faster up the hill and safer. 😃

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There’s been several times in our history where hammering the truck up “just one more corner” has been well past the point of diminishing returns. Just close your ears while dirtmobiling and you’re usually faster up the hill and safer. 😃

I like 4x4ing and beating on the truck. Just not on ice.

In the spring ill keeper pinned busting drifts until some ones truck is stuck 😅

Top Bottom