Todays muck around

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like 4x4ing and beating on the truck. Just not on ice.

In the spring ill keeper pinned busting drifts until some ones truck is stuck 😅
Yeah it was right at that temperature where there was lots of traction going up through the fresh snow, but then it was a packed trail of ice coming back down.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was right at that temperature where there was lots of traction going up through the fresh snow, but then it was a packed trail of ice coming back down.

Good thing you had the winch!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We parked a hell of a lot lower the last couple days

I bet haha.

Im sure everyone here knows this, but ill mention it just cause.

Most consumer winches dont have 100% duty cycle. You might pull for 30 seconds and then have to let it cool down for 5 or 10 minutes.

Outwest1

Reaction score
10,000 pound ramsey worm gear was best winch I ran.Should have never sold it would pull and keep pulling. Should have blown it up but just kept ticking. Heavy as he'll was the down side to it

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Winch is fine. Some bonehead (me) picked a terrible ground point. It worked for a while, but now reads 200ohms to ground. New 2/0 wire right to the battery negative, and it's back in business.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Winch is fine. Some bonehead (me) picked a terrible ground point. It worked for a while, but now reads 200ohms to ground. New 2/0 wire right to the battery negative, and it's back in business.
That winch if one of the newer warns should drag your truck up a tree, seems well refined.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a set of these!

1704757759073.png

Reactions: RXN

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That winch if one of the newer warns should drag your truck up a tree, seems well refined.
I agree, and I was shocked when it just quit. No solenoid click at all, which made me think it was a failed solenoid. Now that I've had the solenoid pack open and figured out how it works, I can see that even if one failed, I should still have at least one direction of winching.

I picked it up used in the spring, but still a "current" model. Paid $800 vs what they want for them now - about $3200. I never got a chance to put it to the test before this trip besides winding in the new line. What a coincidence I had to put it to work within two weeks of putting it on. Funny thing is, I used to to skid one truck 90° on the trail so he could drive out the right way around, we lowered 2 sleds off the deck, and drug them up the embankment, and then it managed to pull the Chevy up enough that the front wheels were back up the embankment before it conked out.

Anyways... Got some new gear now in case I need it again. Picked up another 3"x30', and a 4" x30' recovery strap to go with the 2 3"x30', and then 4 more 30,000lb soft shackles and 3 33,000lb wll snatch rings.
1000009900.jpg
1000009898.jpg

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I didn't have to cut that soft shackle to release the tension with your pocket knife.

Lol.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Fresh groom on Hunters last night. We staged just below the 3km switchback today. Nobody went any further than that. There were 4 trucks in the hydro parking lot, 4 at the switchback. Nobody used Ashton today.
165 cm just south of the main Chalet in some quiet trees. Most of the meadows are tracked out; busy weekend. Lots of overflow and creek holes.
Trail is awesome.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Mine is a Warn ZEON 12-S Winch, I wired it with warn heavy duty recommended winch wires to the best possible connections with factory recommended connectors so should be good. Good to know that any connections that at any time can get corroded or heat up and cause power issues need to be not-considered. This has a duty cycle - Intermittent according to many documents ive gone thorough.
I have a few 50000 lb snach blocks need some more cables though. Good time to get stocked up and get my crap together.

Top Bottom