Titan

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At the la auto show they had a goose neck trailer that said "nissan" and "cumminsoon"

Why would you put a gooseneck on a 1500 so they mist have a 3/4 ton coming.

The 5 liter will be a joke compared to the current diesels thoe....

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 5.0 Cummins won't make the fuel mileage of Dodge's 3.0 diesel and won't have the pulling power of everybody else's larger diesel engines, so it doesn't really have a place except for those in love with the Titans already. Oddly enough I saw a 2010 Dodge 1500 pickup with the 5.0 diesel listed as an engine option on the emissions decal under the hood.

2014-12-12170954_zps740e0314.jpg

Last edited:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
The 5.0 Cummins won't make the fuel mileage of Dodge's 3.0 diesel and won't have the pulling power of everybody else's larger diesel engines, so it doesn't really have a place except for those in love with the Titans already. Oddly enough I saw a 2010 Dodge 1500 pickup with the 5.0 diesel listed as an engine option on the emissions decal under the hood.

View attachment 181092

IMO most people don't need the pulling power of the big diesels. For your average person pulling a travel trailer or a boat or enclosed the smaller 5L I'm sure would handle the job with no issues.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love all the speculation on new engines or any product for that matter. "Its gonna suck", "It won't get good fuel economy" etc etc. Why not wait till the trucks hit the pavement in the real world and give us some real data to go off of and compare...

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used it for work, by far the worst i've used to date. In the shop almost after every shift. Poor service to boot. Traded it in on a cummins, hard to go back now.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Used it for work, by far the worst i've used to date. In the shop almost after every shift. Poor service to boot. Traded it in on a cummins, hard to go back now.

Find that hard to believe I had over 300k on my first with the only real problem being my own fault. And the axel seals suck.....

One I have now it 260k and running strong.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love all the speculation on new engines or any product for that matter. "Its gonna suck", "It won't get good fuel economy" etc etc. Why not wait till the trucks hit the pavement in the real world and give us some real data to go off of and compare...

Dodge did all the fuel economy testing in their 1/2 ton with that 5 liter Cummins already. They decided not to go with it because they couldn't get the mileage they wanted which was high 30's. They were only getting high 20's low 30's with the Cummins. High 20's would be a large improvement IMO over the 15-18 mpg I get in my Titan now!!
I'm more curious as to which tranny and how many speeds they go with because the current 4 speed sucks.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
How much does it weigh?

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice looking truck with impressive specs....will be interesting to see how it's priced and does in the market.....time will tell....

Big vented brakes!

Last edited:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
They seem to be putting a lot of heavy duty parts.chassis design from a 1 tonne van, tranny from a one tonne. Bigger breaks, beefed up axels. But are still at 2000lb payload....Half disappointed in that but half happy they are staying realistic with their #'s than the other manufacturers

Top Bottom