Professional driving at its best in West Kelowna.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What the hell is he doing??? What the hell is everyone else doing!!! No horns nothing during that vid, but everyone is quick to grab their phones instead of warning the driver.
That woman is a moron!!!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive driven truck with dump trailers,and dump trucks. How can the driver not feel that is beyond my senses, and comprehension.

Im not even sure how that happens, PTO failure and Didnt disengage, and the box slowly creeps up.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something that stupid should be instant loss of class 1/3 and not allowed to get it again for years. Anyone with an ounce of knowledge would feel the box up when driving that speed, or the crazy thing of looking in your mirrors that a professional driver is suppose to do very regularly.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive driven truck with dump trailers,and dump trucks. How can the driver not feel that is beyond my senses, and comprehension.

Im not even sure how that happens, PTO failure and Didnt disengage, and the box slowly creeps up.

Box would not stay up or go back up due to PTO issue. You can leave PTO engaged if you want and put the box back down. Just as it won't go up the second it's engaged, totally different control needed to start raising it.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Box would not stay up or go back up due to PTO issue. You can leave PTO engaged if you want and put the box back down. Just as it won't go up the second it's engaged, totally different control needed to start raising it.

I understand how a PTO works, I’ve always wondered how a person could drive away on the highway with the box raised or partially raised. Ive heard excuses the the PTO failed etc.
I have spread lots of loads of gravel with a dump box, and you can definitely feel the box in the air.

Last edited:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bad enough to hit a pole and not notice and drag it down the road, but it's also pretty fawking stupid to sit and watch something coming at you and not do anything. The lack of common sense of all 3 of them is astounding.

Hard to believe that he’s a brown guy.....and what kind of moron thinks he could lift a power pole off by hand....hopefully the tickets that got written were sizeable and his insurance goes up exponentially...

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard to believe that he’s a brown guy.....and what kind of moron thinks he could lift a power pole off by hand....hopefully the tickets that got written were sizeable and his insurance goes up exponentially...

Give the guy a break, he probably just got to canada and in his country there is no power poles, and chance are he couldn't even read the test and paid for his lisence.....

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a brown dude myself. This stuff really irks me.

We are not all incompetent, there’s lots of Indians in trades etc that can do their job quite well. Imo the problem lies up top. Why isn’t it harder to obtain a class one, why aren’t these companies that are known for throwing ‘meat in the seat’ being reprimanded more after these incidents. I thought things were getting more stringent after the Humboldt incident.

In all reality it doesn’t matter what color a person is, inexperience is inexperience.

/Sunday rant

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We are not all incompetent, there’s lots of Indians in trades etc that can do their job quite well. Imo the problem lies up top. Why isn’t it harder to obtain a class one, why aren’t these companies that are known for throwing ‘meat in the seat’ being reprimanded more after these incidents. I thought things were getting more stringent after the Humboldt incident.

In all reality it doesn’t matter what color a person is, inexperience is inexperience.

/Sunday rant

Good rant
There are a minor few that believe they are above others from their color. Proof is in the post and Trump is their IDOL.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

/Sunday rant
Excellent rant!

You are definitely not wrong. The meat in The seat moniker can be used in every industry. There will be intelligent people and questionable people, regardless of gender or nationality.

In my whole career, I have had only one front line leader say in a meeting, “just because your trained, does not make you competent”.

Top Bottom