Tires for snow?

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would appreciate an update,how your ride went with the ice screws, thanks

Just came back from Ghost Reservoir and the tire screws on ice far surpassed my expectations. Most of the lake is polished, clear ice and it was like riding in a dry paved parking lot. Very boring, sadly. Cornering on the ice it would lift and hold one front tire in the air and I was letting off to stop from having a roll over, even in 2wd. (4wd was pointless out there) Even straight line braking from 100kph was better than being on gravel. No problem following the ice race course for the bikes @ 50-100kph. I don't expect the screws to last forever but hard packed trails should be effortless now.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not sure how aggressive you are looking for but maxxis makes a tire called the snow beast and it is a atv winter tire that takes normal automotive tire studs, may work good for plowing and such.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just came back from Ghost Reservoir and the tire screws on ice far surpassed my expectations. Most of the lake is polished, clear ice and it was like riding in a dry paved parking lot. Very boring, sadly. Cornering on the ice it would lift and hold one front tire in the air and I was letting off to stop from having a roll over, even in 2wd. (4wd was pointless out there) Even straight line braking from 100kph was better than being on gravel. No problem following the ice race course for the bikes @ 50-100kph. I don't expect the screws to last forever but hard packed trails should be effortless now.

Man, I've never even considered that. While it sucks not being able to climb very well in winter, drifting is half the fun of riding in winter.

Top Bottom