Tires for snow?

Adam31

Reaction score
Pretty new to quadding and still have stock tires on my grizzly. Use the quad more in the winter for plowing and just ripping around in the snow. What would everyone suggest as a decent all around tire that works well in snow. Thanks

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty new to quadding and still have stock tires on my grizzly. Use the quad more in the winter for plowing and just ripping around in the snow. What would everyone suggest as a decent all around tire that works well in snow. Thanks

Bighorns or stockers.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aggressive mud tires seem to dig you to the bottom and get you stuck. I've seen Mud Bugs work great in the snow, mind you they were pretty wide ones too which may have helped him stay up top.

camoJoe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow good to know, got the stock bighorns on my commander, should try some of them screws, are they readily available or do I need to buy them online?

Adam31

Reaction score
And would going up to 26 or 27 inch tire still be ok on the stock machine? Thanks again

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 28" zillas and love them. Not as aggressive as the outlaws or silverbacks but better then the stockers. Love them in winter as I do a lot of river riding. Only places the caned hams go that I don't is strictly based on balls.

Adam31

Reaction score
If you get into heavy snow when plowing you are going to need some chains. Some guys chain up all 4 but I've been able to get by with only the rears chained up.

For the amount of plowing I do here in Alberta the stock tires did fine last year so chains might be overkill for me. Thanks

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
believe me when I say the same thing.... big horns with screws... but the normal ice screws are for ice... not really for where we ride... lots of our guys down here have normal ice screws (cause there cheap ....lol j/k ) and they dull in no time... they also round off so you cant get them out sometimes... but the price is right...

if you have deeper pockets.. check out GRIP STUDS... they are an auger bit... do not rip out and have a carbide tip... stay sharp for years... and are removable and reuseable... they should last you years to come.... I have 2 winters on mine... even on the ashfault they stay sharp...

bike guys love them too.... but they are a buck a piece... expensive... but you get what you pay for.... www.gripstud.com

and they work beyond expectation...

Last edited:

Adam31

Reaction score
They look pretty sweet but yeah aren't cheap. Which ones do you run and how many per tire? thanks
believe me when I say the same thing.... big horns with screws... but the normal ice screws are for ice... not really for where we ride... lots of our guys down here have normal ice screws (cause there cheap ....lol j/k ) and they dull in no time... they also round off so you cant get them out sometimes... but the price is right...

if you have deeper pockets.. check out GRIP STUDS... they are an auger bit... do not rip out and have a carbide tip... stay sharp for years... and are removable and reuseable... they should last you years to come.... I have 2 winters on mine... even on the ashfault they stay sharp...

bike guys love them too.... but they are a buck a piece... expensive... but you get what you pay for.... www.gripstud.com

and they work beyond expectation...

Top Bottom