Tire size??

bansheesrule

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I have a 2012 razr 800 with a 2"lift with 2" spacers, I'm wondering what tire size would be good for it?? I don't want to go huge, just a bit bigger!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
28 are a nice size. I got 28" mega mayhems and really like them. They measure at 27-1/4" As for axles you won't need them right away but I would pack a spare one forsure. I got a 3" in my ranger and haven't broke an axle yet! Yet knock on wood!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 2010 800s with a 2" lift 28" mud bugs not a problem, mind u I didn't have it very long

axles arnt rent needed if it's a good racer tech lift but if u buy a cheap lift you may get cv bind

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They changed axles in 2011. The inside cv joint is much smaller on 2011 and up, so you wil bind in rough going . With a 2 inch lift. Also the axle is much weaker and trust me they will break....

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 28"zillas,2"racertech lift and satv forward a arms on my rzr 570.Only problem i had was my stock springs were weak so my tires hit the headlights,replaced them with racertech springs and all good now.Upgraded axels are next on the list but no problem so far.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we had a 2012 with a 2" lift and 28" outlaw radials. the tires would rub the floor when turned all the way. you could probably stop it with some steering stops. we put the super atv forward a-arms on and never had a problem. I even ran it on a couple rallies with my 29.5" outlaw 2's. no rubbing with that tire size as well. Also zero axle issues the entire time we owned it. It also got used for plowing snow alot.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
28 " is as big as most would go.
Also add a good adjustable weight clutch kit and you will be very happy.

cschmidt17

Reaction score
Currently running 30" terminators on my 13' RZR S, EPI clutch kit and that's all! Put in 3000km so far on stock axles with no break downs! My 30s do not rub at all and I have no lift! But I do have a set of HD off set rims that maybe help my case!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 2012 for two years. 2" lift and 28" mud bugs, with stock rims. Zero issues after two years, and it was used well. 28" is as large as you can go without running into more belt issues. I had a clutch kit in there, but it made the machine too "jumpy" at lower rpms. Only burnt one belt, and that was in the winter breaking trail.

Top Bottom