Tim's?

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO have not been to Tims for years such a waste of time/money waiting in line for a F!@#$% coffee come on think about it. Will stop in once in awhile at McD,s but otherwise coffee from home is best no line up no waste of my time/fuel/$ just my 2cents.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like Mcdonalds coffee better than tim's, always have, Starbucks I leave for the realtors and accountants
LOL that is hilarious! No Starbucks where I live but I do enjoy a white chocolate mocha in shame about twice a year. I'm guilty of being an accountant.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I guess the main thing is the money gets donated, however I dont like the idea of me giving a company money and them getting tax benefits from donating that money and creating an image for themselves that they are giving their money to help.

with most companies if it weren't for the clients/consumers donating, no money would be donated at all.

linktel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been a long time Tim's customer. Heard on the local news that they are sending 8 kids to camp from Lloyd. Went to camp a s a kids as well good times

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really don't know? Does it matter? Haven't seen anything on Mcdonald's donating back to Canada lately and Starbucks is fighting to get you out of the backcountry so whats the solution? You tell me?

HUH? Where did you read that?

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really don't know? Does it matter? Haven't seen anything on Mcdonald's donating back to Canada lately and Starbucks is fighting to get you out of the backcountry so whats the solution? You tell me?
My family stayed at the Ronald McDonald house in Calgary for 6 months. If you haven't heard of it you should check it out. Just about every night some group or organization cooks supper for the families staying there. There's also one now in Red Deer. And one in Edmonton. Can't say enough good things about the place and the people that run it.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The lineups at tims sucks,my main reason for staying away.But the jalepeno bagels are awesome!!!!Never heard the news of tims going against oil ill have to look it up dont have tims in some of the big camps up north?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My family stayed at the Ronald McDonald house in Calgary for 6 months. If you haven't heard of it you should check it out. Just about every night some group or organization cooks supper for the families staying there. There's also one now in Red Deer. And one in Edmonton. Can't say enough good things about the place and the people that run it.
Ya I guess I had forgotten about it. My apologies. That is money well donated by McDonalds for sure.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been very interesting watching this story continue on. Some media experts saying Tim's never should have gone into advertising, that the Enbridge brand does not have the same kind of strong local support as the Tim's brand does. Even been some rumblings that the decision was driven not in whole by the special interest group, but by the American/Brazilian owners wanting to distance themselves from the Enbridge brand. Maybe the typical story behind the story. Follow the money. Wonder who holds a lot of shares in G3 capital!? Maybe we'll be seeing Exxon Mobil or Kinder Morgan ads in Tim's.....just sayin'.

I Beleive Second Cup is still Canadian. I also try and support the smaller local operations. Usually have pretty damn good coffee too.

Last edited:

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a BLT On a jalapeno bagel combo at Sicamous Timmy's this am... Was prob best sammich I ever ate at a Tims. A&W wasn't an option

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tim's dark roast with a shot of espresso is a good coffee for the wife and I. Starbuck's is over rated and pricey. Second Cup is good.

Oh to be retired and be able to sit in line for hours! Lol. 7-11 has way shorter lines haha.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to read your findings. I see conservation International, but they are into coral reefs and such,,

They have donated millions to groups like Conservation International and The Sierra Club in the past Cuso. Not organizations that are backcountry friendly thats for sure.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO have not been to Tims for years such a waste of time/money waiting in line for a F!@#$% coffee come on think about it. Will stop in once in awhile at McD,s but otherwise coffee from home is best no line up no waste of my time/fuel/$ just my 2cents.
keurig has spoiled a guy, hot coffee of your flavour choice in a minute or two. be awesome if they made a 12v model

I've never gone to a timmy's for coffee but I do like the odd ice cap.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your making me hungry now i got to go stand in line and get one,dammmit!!
I had a BLT On a jalapeno bagel combo at Sicamous Timmy's this am... Was prob best sammich I ever ate at a Tims. A&W wasn't an option

Top Bottom