Time Shares

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. We have some friends who were on a holiday to Vegas last winter and got talked into a free breakfast that turned into a time share presentation. They said they were treated very well at the presentation and got talked into buying into some kind of points deal through a company named Wyndam. They now feel they may have been swindled as they just got back from Florida using there timeshare and were forced to once again go to a presentation and pressured to buy into more points. They told them they weren't interested and wanted out but were told they would have to pay $20000 to get out and they would receive 20% of there investment back($3000) I told them I would ask the guru's on Snow and Mud for any experiences or solutions for them. They are going to talk to there lawyer I guess to see what he says. Anybody got any experience with this? Thanks!

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
once you sign on the line you are pretty much screwed, the contracts are well written to aid the time share company, about the best they can do is try to sell the time share.....my wifes parents are stuck in one also....

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another thing those time share pricks like to do is add family members to the title, so even if the owner dies the other people named are stuck with the yearly fees.....total BS

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They told them at there last meeting that it stays in the family forever. It is not broken by death unless there are no dependants? That almost sounds scammy to me?

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They told them at there last meeting that it stays in the family forever. It is not broken by death unless there are no dependants? That almost sounds scammy to me?

total scammers, my wife and her brother are not on any paperwork to do with her parents new timeshare......your friends should really dissect what they signed and I think a lawyer is a good idea to decipher the contract

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no useful advice on the current sitchuation, but any time you're on vacation and they offer you this or that free,, RUN.......
HaHa I told them thats what they should have done but I think they are feeling pretty embarrassed about it.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HaHa I told them thats what they should have done but I think they are feeling pretty embarrassed about it.

Haha yeah I had some friends that got sucked in a few years ago down in Cabo,, My X-wife wanted us to get in on it too and I said "fawk that i'm going to drink in the pool"...lol

Stickman70

Reaction score
We weren't with Wyndam but when we had ours in Arizona same thing happened to us on our second trip, they tried to sell us more even though we had just bought. I told them no and then they started bargaining with us and when we still said no they started getting real aggressive and wouldn't let us leave. The "short" presentation turned into a few hours and we finally told them to F-off an we walked out. Since then, whenever we go anywhere we either avoid he sales pitch at check-in or just tell them no. We have ad good trips since then with no hassles.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few years ago in Vegas we went to a similar presentation.

We sat through 3 levels of 'sales pitches', each getting slightly more aggressive. Each time after saying no, they would say alright, and send you on to the next.

The final one was in a small room with a fella that looked and sounded like a KGB agent. We basically got up and walked out.

Tell your friends not to feel bad, those folks can be fairly intimidating. Had we not been the type to not be afraid of telling a pushy stranger to **** them self, we might have got sucked in too. I was almost sold infact, but thankfully didn't sign anything.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I signed up in Cabo a few years ago... Then went on trip advisor and read the horror stories there... I backed out... I had to read the whole contract and finally found the loophole... It had to be registered mail delivered to the domicile of the parent company(which was on mainland Mexico) within 5 business days. I wrote up two letters(kept one) and had them witnessed and found a DHL courier in San Jose del Cabo and paid by Visa... The timeshare people were fkn pizzed and made my wife VERY uncomfortable while I was out fishing the next day... We actually left a day early from our trip, called Westjet and told them my mom was in hospital and they changed our flight for like $100... Worth every dime to get away from them IMO... The $5g deposit was back on my Visa by the time we got home... Yikes!!! Got pretty lucky there and glad I didn't wind up in it... Now I say "no gracias" and keep on walking, avoiding eye contact.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have as trying to recall who it was I know that just about got screwed

It was u, that's right... Good thing u found out early

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, I went through the deal of about five people trying to convince me. I was glad I didn't sign up. I told them i didn't need time share cause I had a series of my own vacation properties. :rolling:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
couple years ago in Nuevo Vallarta we got attacked by those vicious time share people right after getting off the bus from the airport. I said not interested and they still didn't get the hint until they called our room at 7:00 AM and I lost it on them. Told them that I was going to complain to management if they called one more time. It worked!!!

Crazy how so many people fall into their aggressive tactics!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well just a few nights ago. We are walking back from Cabo Wabo, a salesman approaches. Due to alcohol consumption I decide to sell him one.

It was a great deal in Nunavut. I demonstrated snowmobiling, igloo building, a little jiggy jiggy push push. How flat the land is, how cold it can get and about snow. I probably said more but can remember.

For 2000.00 USA dollars today only special if you buy now.

I never gave him a chance to speak.

Neville , Nancy and Val had a good laugh...

It was great payback

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I try to find a pocket full of shells on da beach to barter with. I pick the most pricey items and try to pay with shells and act pizzed when they don't see the obvious riches my swim trunks behold. The wife laughs, sometimes.

Top Bottom