Time for a new one??? What to get???

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The chances of finding an x package sled or Freeride are pretty slim. Iam sure there is 1 or 2 out there but you will need to get on a major phone campaign asap. Dealers are running out of SP's now.

salbendidi

Reaction score
on the other note, try and ride a few if you can. you can make all the changes in the world but what ur buying is a chassis. find the 1 you like to ride and fugg the rest! anyone on here telling u what to buy doesnt have a clue. they know whats best for them and thats it!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since there are some definate biases here I suggest if you really want peoples opinion then check the forums of each manufacturer and see what the guys that switched have to say. There are alot of dudes switching from Cat and Doo to Poo these days. Some will go the other way for sure but I think you will see where the mass exodus is and why. Power is not everything. Fun factor is. Good luck.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since there are some definate biases here I suggest if you really want peoples opinion then check the forums of each manufacturer and see what the guys that switched have to say. There are alot of dudes switching from Cat and Doo to Poo these days. Some will go the other way for sure but I think you will see where the mass exodus is and why. Power is not everything. Fun factor is. Good luck.

yes your not biased at all! sitting on your pro in saskatchewan with 3 inches of snow. trust the internet not the guys that ride 247 october to july.

if he rode a doo and liked it no reasonto switch imo. it would take a full season just to get your skills back in a different chassis. but thats just what i think.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go with a blonde. This answers your question doesn't it?

Oh sorry, I went back and read your thread and not just the title. Ski-doo is the answer.

BrownEyes420

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love me E-tech. It's amazing the sledding I can do with confidence that I'm going to make it to the top, like I've never thought I ever would, oh and I am female btw!! Just saying :=)

SnowDog

Reaction score
No questions about it as far as I am concerned, go with a Doo, I went with the 2012 Summit 800 X 163 and absolutely love it, the 163 gives much better flotation in the deep, the power and throttle response is awesome right out of the box, did not even put a can on it. I can go places I never could in the past with out a second thought, I let other guys ride it and they came back with the same silly grin I have all day riding this awesome machine.:p They are not cheap, but like the old saying goes, You Get What You Pay For ! I have been riding in the mountains for 15 years and the E-TECH is awesome....get one now...go...what u waiting for.

kbweed

Reaction score
i got a 2011 etec 154 and love it. went riding in vale last weekend with a new pro and nytro. the nytro wasnt turbo and not quite in the same league. i did spend some time on the pro rmk and liked it very easy to ride but you can notice a power difference the etec just plain has more pull. if your serious about climbing i would say summit. they are both good but i would not trade the summit for the pro. and he says he would not trade the pro for the summit so each to their own

Top Bottom