Tillebrook Provincial Park & Campground - Near Brooks Alberta

chromed

Reaction score
Looking at booking a couple sites at the campground in July. Has anyone camped here? What are your thoughts?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't camped there for about 5 years now. At one time it was the best maintained,greenest,cleanest little campgound in southern Alberta. The guy that used to caretake the campground watered the hell out of it and it was beautiful and then he retired and it got a little brown. We heard it is being well maintained again but can't verify that for you. Not much to do there but relax but some nice pull through sites and well treed and private for the most part. There is a store there as well. I would recommend it if they are watering and cutting grass again in a minute.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd go to Lake Newell or Rolling Hills Resivoir. But that's just for the fishing and boating. We spend lots of time at Rolling Hills every year.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
last place I remember camping in that area was Kinbrook Island Provincial Park, and it was a beautiful place, been many years since I've been there.

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the folks at A&E Racing where we got our from might have some suggestions

chromed

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. We booked at Dinosaur Provincial Park Campground. We thought it may be more interesting for the kids.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No not really.

Last time we were there we couldn't eat outside on a picnic table as you were competing for your meal with the gophers. They would jump right up on the table and try and eat off your plate. They had ZERO fear of humans.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Last time we were there we couldn't eat outside on a picnic table as you were competing for your meal with the gophers. They would jump right up on the table and try and eat off your plate. They had ZERO fear of humans.

that's what happens when people hand feed the little buggers...... "oh look at the cute gophher, we can feed it...... wait..... oh #$%^ the little !@#$!@# just took off with my dinner......"

not so cute once they start doing that!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know what I would do if it was the picnic table in our yard..........Cindarella swory....eighteen hole....here wittle gofer.:PDT_gun::PDT_gun:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

okay maybe they did. not nearly as bad now.

stealth800

Reaction score
If you get tired (or overheated) of Dinosaur park go a bit west of there and try out Praire Oasis park its about 45 min to an hour north west of there nice little lake, great campground and the water can be very warm because of the power plant. There is also a nice 9 hole golf course 15 min south of the plant at sunnynook hope you have fun

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lived in Brooks for 11 years. But im starting to recover. We have camped at Tillebrook, and it was OK, but nothing special. Better than Kinbrook because less people. Dinosaur park is great, way better scenery and fewer people. If we were going to go back tomorrow, we would try for the Kiwanis campground (full hookups in town) or Dinosaur park.

Top Bottom