Alberta Parks Camping Fees

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else notice the increase in camping fees for Alberta parks campgrounds? Went to book a site this morning and other than the fact that there are none available almost all summer the prices have also went up to $38/night from $27 last year.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where we camp they were $33/night last year. Will report on first trip if our s went up to.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else notice the increase in camping fees for Alberta parks campgrounds? Went to book a site this morning and other than the fact that there are none available almost all summer the prices have also went up to $38/night from $27 last year.

If they are all full and booked they should have $50 -$60-$70 ? Lol
Just kidding .

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly wouldn't surprise me anymore.

Normally we spend the majority of our camping at provincial parks, this year we are going to try and camp elsewhere.

I hate campsites as go to get away from people and camp on the river and not go on long weekends .
I want my own good dry wood that I can cut myself .
Even traveling we try to hide if at all possible. Lol

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are they full already??? Is there that many Albertans reserving???

Half of the spots are being left empty for "social distancing" so that's a big hit there. But yeah the rest must be reservations, I could get a couple odd weekdays in June at the campgrounds I was looking at, but no weekends spots left.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate campsites as go to get away from people and camp on the river and not go on long weekends .
I want my own good dry wood that I can cut myself .
Even traveling we try to hide if at all possible. Lol

We deliberately stay home May long weekend and most other long weekends as well to avoid the crowds.

We like the random camping sites around Grande Cache so we can bring the SxS, this year we will just find new areas to try as well.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Half of the spots are being left empty for "social distancing" so that's a big hit there. But yeah the rest must be reservations, I could get a couple odd weekdays in June at the campgrounds I was looking at, but no weekends spots left.

Im probably mistaken, but I thought the every other site being empty was for RV parks and private campgrounds. They are usually packed in like sardines.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im probably mistaken, but I thought the every other site being empty was for RV parks and private campgrounds. They are usually packed in like sardines.

That's what I thought too until I checked on each campsite's availability. Every other site is completed unavailable, the ones in between have a weekday here or there that is available. I've never seen it before when every other campsite is completely booked. I can't say for sure this is what's going on, but the evidence I see fully supports the campgrounds running at half capacity.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you should boycott Alberta Parks. They are not accepting reservations from out of province travelers. After all the whining about BC I think that is only fair.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you should boycott Alberta Parks. They are not accepting reservations from out of province travelers. After all the whining about BC I think that is only fair.

Sorry bud. No self-respecting Albertan is going to take any kind of action to support BC in a matter like this after the BS they have put us all through over the last decade.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought too until I checked on each campsite's availability. Every other site is completed unavailable, the ones in between have a weekday here or there that is available. I've never seen it before when every other campsite is completely booked. I can't say for sure this is what's going on, but the evidence I see fully supports the campgrounds running at half capacity.
Funny how you can pack them in a grocery store but can't camp 100ft away????

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny how you can pack them in a grocery store but can't camp 100ft away????

It really doesn't make sense. What we are going to see is a bunch of random camping sites with a bunch of left behind by people don't care. At least in a campground there is some enforcement on keeping a site clean.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry bud. No self-respecting Albertan is going to take any kind of action to support BC in a matter like this after the BS they have put us all through over the last decade.

ahh the irony. You whine like a little girl in other threads about BC travel restrictions, but when they are Alberta's, all is good. Its a goose and gander thing.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahh the irony. You whine like a little girl in other threads about BC travel restrictions, but when they are Alberta's, all is good. Its a goose and gander thing.

LMFAO. Where in the world did you get that from?

As I've stated in my other posts I don't care if people from BC come to Alberta. But I'm not going to go out of my way, nor will anyone else, to give away Alberta camping spots to BC residents when there aren't enough to go around for Albertan's as is. BC only wants relations with Alberta when it benefits them, and stands in the way at all other opportunities, time for some of your own medicine.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tons of Alberta people come into SE BC and camp. Lots do the bush camping and lots have permanent sites. Where we camp our neighbors are from Calgary. Could not ask for better neighbors. First thing they unload is a cooler full of cold beer. Next thing he does is invites us over. Like I said great neighbors.

As I've stated in my other posts I don't care if people from BC come to Alberta. But I'm not going to go out of my way, nor will anyone else, to give away Alberta camping spots to BC residents when there aren't enough to go around for Albertan's as is. BC only wants relations with Alberta when it benefits them, and stands in the way at all other opportunities, time for some of your own medicine.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It really doesn't make sense. What we are going to see is a bunch of random camping sites with a bunch of left behind by people don't care. At least in a campground there is some enforcement on keeping a site clean.
This is exactly what is happening in my area. Forestry sites are closed so tourists are finding random places to camp. Piles of **** and paper, garbage, lawn chairs, bottles left behind.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm sure you don't have to worry to much about BC coming camping to Alberta....

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

LOL, Albertans whining about BC, that’s rich. Maybe we should consider something new like keying the paint or breaking windows or unlatching trailers or puncturing tires of vehicles with B.C. plates ! No wait , old news , been done before .

Top Bottom