Alberta Parks Camping Fees

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no problem with people camping in the bush but take out what you bring in. In the last 10 years it has turned into a major cluster **** with some people wrecking it for tons of other people. As you said tons of garbage, lawn chairs etc left behind. An example of it is Dorr road area on the Koocanusa. When we cruise those area's we see the mess left behind. No respect is what I think. It's got so bad that some area's are closed for that reason so due to some people nobody can use it. many years ago you would see hundreds of deer and elk now in a day you might see 5-6 deer and no elk. Just my 2 cents
This is exactly what is happening in my area. Forestry sites are closed so tourists are finding random places to camp. Piles of **** and paper, garbage, lawn chairs, bottles left behind.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you don't have to worry to much about BC coming camping to Alberta....

I guess all the trailers and trucks I've seen in Alberta campgrounds with blue plates don't count. Believe it or not people from BC come here to camp, particularly in the foothills when they can bring their atv's along.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Algonquin Park in Ontario used to be one of the best places to camp. Mainly for the variety of campgrounds. When they opened up online booking everything changed. People would book there site online and pay for it. Then not show up. We would go there fishing on day trips because the spots were all “booked”. When we physically got there the grounds would be empty. People book, pay, then not show. The park didn’t care tho. They got paid. Lots of the campgrounds. AB and BC are no different. You gotta get away from the crowds. Cutting a campground capacity in half is the biggest joke. People will come together when and if they want.

Top Bottom