This is going to start a war on here.

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey neighbor... ;) I bought the AC 800 high country limited and absolutely love it for all terrain.. stop by one night and take it for a go before the snows gone

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the Freeride 154 a good choice that fits between a pro and an xm for handling and durability?

He would be Whitecourt area riding vs mountains about 75/25 percent.

Sent while wishing I was on my snowbike

Ask LilDuke what he thinks of the freeride durability, he's been baggin his all year, I have 800kms on mine so far and love it, also with the doo 16" wide track its very close to same footprint as a 16* 15" wide. I love the KYB shocks on the freeride very adjustable for differnt terrain and riding styled plus it comes with the quick link on the stabilizer for trail riding if you really want to use it.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey neighbor... ;) I bought the AC 800 high country limited and absolutely love it for all terrain.. stop by one night and take it for a go before the snows gone

Neighbor? Are you the guy that keeps calling me a clown when I burn ya? Lol

Or you live in the area but haven't met?

Ask LilDuke what he thinks of the freeride durability, he's been baggin his all year, I have 800kms on mine so far and love it, also with the doo 16" wide track its very close to same footprint as a 16* 15" wide. I love the KYB shocks on the freeride very adjustable for differnt terrain and riding styled plus it comes with the quick link on the stabilizer for trail riding if you really want to use it.

Are the shocks good or is an upgrade desirable?

geo

Reaction score
This weeks sled is the turbo mnt Viper yet it has not been mentioned yet. Why?

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to think the Freeride 154 might be a better choice for where the sled will be ridden the most. As much as I would want the 174... I'm still thinking straight.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so reading a lot on comparisons etc. I'm not brand loyal but more dealer loyal. That being said, can anyone shed any light on some constructive views regarding a Polaris vs Skidoo for Whitecourt riding. So a mix of all kinds of riding. I'll put mountain riding in the back burner because that will be where this will be used maybe 20% of the time.

Summit vs Freeride vs Pro RMK vs Assault vs RMK?

I do know enough to know I don't know enough. Lol.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so reading a lot on comparisons etc. I'm not brand loyal but more dealer loyal. That being said, can anyone shed any light on some constructive views regarding a Polaris vs Skidoo for Whitecourt riding. So a mix of all kinds of riding. I'll put mountain riding in the back burner because that will be where this will be used maybe 20% of the time.

Summit vs Freeride vs Pro RMK vs Assault vs RMK?

I do know enough to know I don't know enough. Lol.

If your not mountain riding I wouldn't choose any of those sleds, get a shot track 144" and something that is geared and clutched for fields and pond racing. Cat made the F-series for a bit, not sure if they still do because I don't keep up with cat, or something similar. Im not a Yamaha guy by any stretch but if it were me I would be looking at the Phazer.

Why does everyone insist on mountain sleds for ditch banging and stubble jumping. Waste of $$$ and hard on gear.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I'm not interested in those kinds of sleds at all. The snow can still get waist deep there and those just won't cut it. I know this much. I'll still be looking at a mountain capable sled for the deep snow and the mountains when we go.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
My wife rides a Crossfire 600.It's an awesome ditch banging machine and still quite capable in the hills. Last time we were in Renshaw there was 3 feet of fresh and she got around pretty good. It's only got a 144x .75 ish

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one. Rode a newer HCR too and I don't think I'll go there.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Really? I have 2 and really happy with both of them. I'd come ride with you guys but Dave said you guys are way too cool to allow sleds in your exclusive group.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Won't cut it? im sure there are several folks here that can say the ol' indy 500 with the 136" was a dream machine. Kinda sounds like you made up your mind. I get frustrated from constantly hearing guys bashing their machines because they blow up or are ragging on manufactures because of breakdowns when actually the person has the wrong tool for the job. No one ever buys accordingly, they buy based on what their friend says or has and trying to keep up with the jones'. Waist deep snow is what makes the experience fun.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are waaaay to cool. Lol. Not really, we get tired of going back and looking at sleds upside down and stuck or waiting for them to go the long way in. Ha ha.

Top Bottom