Thinking of building a house

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering who people have had good experience with, and good pricing? looking for a smaller house, 2 bedrooms on main floor one bathroom on main floor, basement with 3-4 rooms, don't want much more than 1,000 square foot on main floor.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Just wondering who people have had good experience with, and good pricing? looking for a smaller house, 2 bedrooms on main floor one bathroom on main floor, basement with 3-4 rooms, don't want much more than 1,000 square foot on main floor.

in what area?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
McLean and McLean or Jacobs I hear are good.

We used Encore not sure I would again

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Built 2 houses , just moved into my second one, both very good experiences. Key was picking a reputable builder, looking at their product and not over looking the obvious. Both times we picked a smaller builder that was in the process of building a name for themselves, got a little extra attention and it showed both times.

Good luck

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Talked to a couple guys a few years ago 1 said with nice finishes (hardwood, granite, fireplace etc) around $225-250/Sqft another said $170-190. Then i talked my mother in laws neighbour who built and very nice up/down duplex on an infill property it was done very nice for a rental property (high quality laminate, corin counters, under ground sprinklers) he said he was all in around $110-115. So I would say really shop around if looking for a builder vs a general contractor and i hate to say like a lot of business its not what if costs is what they can get out of you....just saying

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking at building but they are still asking sky high prices around red deer at least
it seems there is better value on 1-2 year old houses with a lot of the work done like fencing sod and basements
or if you can find what you like in a builders inventory they seem ready to deal

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes ,right now it's a toss up ... Building costs have not dropped a lot ,thanks to the US $ .
Its a real good time to buy though, if you due your due dillegence .

look for some one who HAS to sell ( sadly ),there are deals out there ...
for sure .

Top Bottom