Thinking of a tin roof for my house- Thoughts?

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put a rubber roof on our new house made from recycled tires they look like shakes and have a 50 year warranty hail storm went through 2 years ago hail bounds off 3 feet in the air no damage

more info please. and pics if you can. I too will be looking at reroofing next summer so now is the time to do my home work.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we went with the euroshake detail and did the install are self the wife and me did the 900 sq.ft. garage in 3 days very easy to install hardest part is cutting the thick rubber with a knife GEM ROOFING PRODUCTS in calgary sold all i needed

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I LOVE* the metal roof we have.......lulls me to sleep when it rains..... hail sounds real noisy...... a bit more money than shingles but well worth it, especially for resale....... lots of colorsetc... we used Sun roofing for ours......they had an actual roofer come out for the estimate, not a sales guy.....and they had an awsome crew who did a great job.I would use them again if we ever build or move again.

Adam31

Reaction score
Anyone install metal roof lately? Wondering about price difference for materials? What type and where you bought?

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look into your insurance too. I received a letter in mail from company saying that if our tin roof gets hit by hail I have to prove to them it has been permeated by the hail . Sounded like I had to take them off ,hold them to the sun to see if we can see light comin through before they would do anything. If that is true the storm could bash the hell out of it leaving it dented but not permeated and I'm stuck with a ****ty looking roof.. Expensive roof may not be worth it. Just about seemed like an Asphalt company was lobbying the insurance comp. Look into it hopefully I am really wrong.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of tin roofs .. In cold climates . The tin lasts a longtime the screws that hold it in , not so much ..
The expansion and contraction is hard on them . ..imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
15 years on mine and haven't noticed any screws coming out yet. I still like the tin roof ,just the letter threw a curve at it

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P5310058 (1).jpg P6130078 (1).jpg

did this with tough rib tin

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the construction for a living your better off to go with shingles, the rubber washers wear out on tin and it can leak like a stuck pig when's not done right, shingles are what I always recommend people,

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were working with a builder on a new house plan. Got him to look into standing seam metal

Adam31

Reaction score
Thanks for replies, going to do my roof this spring just looking at opinions. Anyone know prices for rubber or tin for material?

Top Bottom