Thinking about a 2 up for Alberta.

Kmmdad44

Reaction score
I'm thinking about a sled for trail riding in the Alberta area. I know most of the sleds here are of the mountain sort, but I was interested in trail riding. First I was thinking about a Venture GT. What is the general thoughts about this sled. Is this a sled that a guy could use here a lot or is a mountain sled more for this area. And being new to the sled game I was just wondering about Yamaha compared to the computation. Pros and Cons. Thanks

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
The Venture would be a great choice for two up riding. The four stroke provides a tonne of tourqe and is a nice quiet fuel efficient way to get out and enjoy the trails.

johnsmithnf

Reaction score
Are you planning on buying new? What riding are you planning on? Yamaha 's 4 stroke sleds are likely most reliable out there but heaviest. The venture a great 2 up machine but most expensive. Also, yamaha's new viper is running a artic cat chasis and set-up (basically a cat with yamaha engine). There is an option on putting a removeable two up seat on it ($900 extra cost). I purchased the viper this year and really liking it compared to other yamaha's I riden. SE LTX with a 139" track and heated seat is nice as well when riding 20 below. I havent used the 2-up seat yet but went that route than buying a venture because don't plan to be riding 2-up all that much and really liked how artic cat rode and relabilty of yamaha engine. The artic 7000 is basically same sled as viper but does not have yamaha's clutching.

Top Bottom