Thieves in Valemount

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone wants to bash the locals. Like anywhere there are good locals and bad locals. But really? Do you think people are driving out to BC just to steal chit out of parking lots?

Yep, they sure are. When my wallet got dug through, they caught the guy in kamloops trying to use my card. That is where he is from. Alot of the stolen sleds somehow end up aroung Prince George, so I would think it is safe to assume that some guys deliberately drive down to look for the easy pickins.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, they sure are. When my wallet got dug through, they caught the guy in kamloops trying to use my card. That is where he is from. Alot of the stolen sleds somehow end up aroung Prince George, so I would think it is safe to assume that some guys deliberately drive down to look for the easy pickins.
Was talking about Albertan's. I was told once that Quesnel is the worst area for stolen sleds destinations.

could you imagine trying to squeeze 25$ out of people for a trail pass. LMAO. people have a hard time paying 20!

Probably the same guys that drop $200 in the pub every night to.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No one rides for free

and if they think they do then there high

lol

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could you imagine trying to squeeze 25$ out of people for a trail pass. LMAO. people have a hard time paying 20!

Lol no doubt,,,,but crowfoot in the shuswap charges that,,, couldnt ever really understand that because in comparison to vale blu sic revy its a fairly week ridin spot,,, buuut they dont seem to have any prob gettn peeps to shell out for it, hundreds a weekend, sooo maybe other regions could swing/charge it?? Sure thered be bitchn but theyd get over it, especially if there was some added value of cams or some type of patrol?

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No one rides for free

and if they think they do then there high

lol

Lots of people ride for free, meaning trail passes anyway....the top three places i ride dont have em or any groomin, and theyre world class if ya know ur way around . Im sure its happened but ive never heard of any break ins or thefts at the spots i frequent. If u guys are so worried, maybe get out and explore a bit more of bc then vale, sic, revy and mcbride. Sadly or fn maddening U almost gotta expect it no??? parking lots with no one in sight full of big money rigs. Cant blame varda, u guys will just have to take it dry or do more to protect ur gear (dogs, gramma-shotgun, cams, gps)

Last edited:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have been lucky here in mcbride i havnt heard of any theft from vehicles or anything like that in years here.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
We have been lucky here in mcbride i havnt heard of any theft from vehicles or anything like that in years here.

I would have to agree, last time you folks had a problem the community got involved to solve it real quick.
I really appreciate the extra efforts that McBride's locals put in to making a sledding experience pleasant.

Thanks McBride.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It also helps for us that our staging area's arent on a major hwy like hwy 5.

I don't think it really matters where the staging area is, If someone wants to steal something they will. Didn't you have the clutches stolen off your 1000 in lucille a while back after yah had it choppered out?
It has been awhile since I heard of thefts in the 3 local towns. I did notice one time in Allen this year, that someone with small feet in winter boots had scoped out all around my truck. My tracks were the only ones around when I left, looked like the person checked every door.

brently.780

Reaction score
I had two sleds stolen from me back in the end of Jan near Drayton Valley and the cops didn't even talk to my neibors. In my opinion the cops should spend a couple more minutes and check for proof of ownership when driving through these lots. I've been stopped many times with the sleds on behind, and never asked for anything.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So ur telling me ur sled / truck / and time off was FREE
i think ur MISSING the point
$10 bucks more and I wouldn't care
while ur at it just make it a cool fifty

and yes I know of places that don't cost trail fees

what eves anyways ,as it will never get fixed or looked at

Top Bottom