Theft Prevention

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cant the GMC trucks immobilize through ONSTAR

Onstar can only immobilize after you call them and report stolen, I just called them to see if they can block ignition anytime but they said they will only do it if the vehicle has been stolen.

Sent from my iPad using

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GMC/CHEV trucks have an anti theft system tied into the ignition system. If your ignition is tampered with it automatically disengages your fuel pump and it will turn over but won't stay running. Not only this but onstar is a GPS system and Onstar knows where your vehicle is at all times. Don't bother with the boot Krista you will be fine, Nobody is going to steal your truck, they are targeting late model Fords

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe a bolt cutter or grinder won't get through. But you would be surprised what a Jack all will do to chains with locks.

xmsummit154

Reaction score
I had one of those motion alarms on a truck once It was only 100bucks and really would work well for this. just put it under the hood with power and ground and had a remote fob to arm it and disarm it. you could adjust the sensity and if you so much as got in the truck or climbing in the box it would go off and it was loud. Cheap and easy to install and I don't see how anybody could steal your sleds or truck with one of these units as you would hear it instantly even in a big parking lot

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was checking out Trimax's website and seen those hockey puck locks on there. Anyone know a place around Red Deer where I could pick up a couple? I was in at Red Deer Lock and Safe a couple weeks ago but I don't remember seeing anything like that there.

Just did a web search on 'Hockey Puck Locks'...unfortunately this is one of the first things I saw. It is a safety tool for Fire fighters...

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those hockey puck locks are better, but.... Instead of cutting the padlock, they cut the bar that the lever is on. Then you have to replace the whole door lock bar.

Just did a web search on 'Hockey Puck Locks'...unfortunately this is one of the first things I saw. It is a safety tool for Fire fighters...

Jonny Cash

Reaction score
The spy store have some great equipment for tracking your stuff. Just have to pack your camo and hunting supplies
If you are going to be leaving your stuff in parking lots ( what choice do you really have ) whatever steps you take may save your stuff.
Thieves are lazy, they will take the easiest pickings. If the guy parked beside you doesn't have anything protecting his stuff they'll take it first.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Ordered a five foot chain from red deer lock and safe. This chain cannot be cut with bolt cutters. Grinder, yes but would risk the noise for 30+ seconds. Easier to grab the next sled in the parking lot.

and on that lock another motion sensing padlock that will sound the alarm when movement is detected. It is all about making something else easier.

This coupled with the fact the truck is backed up to the motel window (I will hear the alarm and be out quite quickly) will protect the sleds to a larger degree than those with padlocks on the SuperClamps. I still have the problem of the F350.

With all the various fuse pulling, immobilizing and ideas does it mess up the settings within the truck itself?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
and on that lock another motion sensing padlock that will sound the alarm when movement is detected. It is all about making something else easier.

This coupled with the fact the truck is backed up to the motel window (I will hear the alarm and be out quite quickly) will protect the sleds to a larger degree than those with padlocks on the SuperClamps. I still have the problem of the F350.

With all the various fuse pulling, immobilizing and ideas does it mess up the settings within the truck itself?

Doug, your F350 is brand new, I believe it should have a chipped key..... The 2006 & older super duty's did not. Call your dealer, and ask them!

and yes I agree, always back into the hotel, and try to park with your buddies beside you...... We have video of us doing a deck to deck transfer of a sled, it took us less than a minute and we aren't trained in the art..... I'll try to post it up this evening.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Doug, your F350 is brand new, I believe it should have a chipped key..... The 2006 & older super duty's did not. Call your dealer, and ask them!

and yes I agree, always back into the hotel, and try to park with your buddies beside you...... We have video of us doing a deck to deck transfer of a sled, it took us less than a minute and we aren't trained in the art..... I'll try to post it up this evening.

Yes, the dealer is confident about the PATS. Jared in Pincher has another story......

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, the dealer is confident about the PATS. Jared in Pincher has another story......

no matter what the technology they put in these vehicles, there will always be someone out there trying to find a way around it, or a way to outsmart it. If those individuals would use those minds for something more positive, the world would be a much better place!

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We travel with a deck and trailer, sleds are paddle locked to the deck, hitch is locked on to the truck, trailer is locked onto the truck, sleds are locked inside the trailer, boot on the trailer wheel, club on the truck steering wheel, try to park under a light or backed up to something.

But I know if they want it threy're stil going to take it, working on the pricinple that others that arn't as secrue and they will be first....

Same as the out running bear theroy, I dont have to out run the bear just dont be the last or in this case the easier target......

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
no matter what the technology they put in these vehicles, there will always be someone out there trying to find a way around it, or a way to outsmart it. If those individuals would use those minds for something more positive, the world would be a much better place!

I agree totally. But in the mean time..........I would like to protect my stuff and not have the hassle of being without while dealing with insurance.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good friend of mine had a guy that had his truck stolen show him how easy it is to steal his 2004 f350
the guy was in his truck for less than 30 seconds and he had it running got out and handed him the ignition out of the steering colum to my buddy

all he had to do was stick a screw driver in one of the holes in the plastic of the steering colum and hit it with the palm of his hand and the whole ignition pops out and he plugged the one for his truck in and started it right up

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

07 and older super dutys u mean.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

Top Bottom