The start of a 4 year disarmament in US

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are saying RCMP and give up guns in a thread that is about AMERICAN gun control.

Who says you can't have guns? Canadian or U.S.??

So you don't think you can trust the RCMP to protect your kids, but you are willing to give up your guns so only the bad guys have them? Makes sense.....

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are saying RCMP and give up guns in a thread that is about AMERICAN gun control.

Who says you can't have guns? Canadian or U.S.??

Did you not read the post I was quoting? This thread has obviously revolved into discussing gun control in both countries not just US.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
umm NO. Whats this thread title?

Now answer this,

Who say's you can't have guns?

Did you not read the post I was quoting? This thread has obviously revolved into discussing gun control in both countries not just US.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score

Second of all if the officers had followed the law and not illegally searched his property they would still be alive.

Sorry man but this is really not funny....You clearly dont understand what the police where there doing ....I really hope your not saying that if you have a chop shop and a grow op ,,and have a record a mile long.are a molester and so on and so on that if the people that enforce the law,,have a search warrant ,have all the legal stuff done to search your property..and you shoot them thats ok??:confused:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sorry man but this is really not funny....You clearly dont understand what the police where there doing ....I really hope your not saying that if you have a chop shop and a grow op ,,and have a record a mile long.are a molester and so on and so on that if the people that enforce the law,,have a search warrant ,have all the legal stuff done to search your property..and you shoot them thats ok??:confused:

Not saying its okay to shoot them at all. But the illegally searched his property. That is not opinion that is a fact. Just because you have a badge does not mean you are above the law. Yes he was a chitty person but the charter of rights and freedoms is there for a reason.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not saying its okay to shoot them at all. But the illegally searched his property. That is not opinion that is a fact. Just because you have a badge does not mean you are above the law. Yes he was a chitty person but the charter of rights and freedoms is there for a reason.
Byron, byron, byron. Sometimes you have to change the rules just a little for the betterment of society.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
They did go in the quonset to look what was in there,,,but the repo guys showed up first to collect the vehicle that he wasnt paying for..they looked and found his stash.....ANYWAY thats a different story...he was a piece of chit and they shouldve never been there with out him in chains .Like i said this thread about guns is going no where..there is no bans coming to canada..as far as i know..so wtf cares really..?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Show this fact. I would like to see this. I can't seem to find this fact..

Thanks

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Jump to: navigation, search
Mayerthorpe tragedy

17px-WMA_button2b.png
54°0′55″N 115°1′18″W / 54.01528°N 115.02167°W / 54.01528; -115.02167:
17px-WMA_button2b.png
Click the blue globe to open an interactive map.

54°0′55″N 115°1′18″W / 54.01528°N 115.02167°W / 54.01528; -115.02167
Date
Thursday, March 3, 2005
9:57−10:00 am ()
Attack type
shooting
Weapon(s)

Deaths
5 (including the perpetrator)
Perpetrator
James Roszko
The Mayerthorpe tragedy occurred on March 3, 2005 on the property of James Roszko, approximately 11 km (6.8 mi) north of near the Town of in the of . With a , Roszko shot and killed Peter Schiemann, Anthony Gordon, Lionide Johnston, and Brock Myrol as the officers were executing a property seizure on Roszko. Roszko left the farm with the property in question. Officers then illegally entered the farm property. This was the worst one-day loss of life for the RCMP in 100 years

I dont give a chit if they were there illegally or not...they guy was a looser...and he shouldve been dead instead of the police.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jump to: navigation, searchThe Mayerthorpe tragedy occurred on March 3, 2005 on the property of James Roszko, approximately 11 km (6.8 mi) north of near the Town of in the of . With a , Roszko shot and killed Peter Schiemann, Anthony Gordon, Lionide Johnston, and Brock Myrol as the officers were executing a property seizure on Roszko. Roszko left the farm with the property in question. Officers then illegally entered the farm property. This was the worst one-day loss of life for the RCMP in 100 years

I dont give a chit if they were there illegally or not...they guy was a looser...and he shouldve been dead instead of the police.

A good buddy of mine who is a staff sargeant in Calgary right now worked with those 4 officers and was transferred just before it happened. It was a sad day in Canadian history.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Wonder if the EDIT buttons work on wikipedia.... Jus Sayin'

Its weird you say that..cause i went and looked again..and its changed now..doesnt say the RCMP were there illegally..but when i C&P ed that first time it did say it..none the less its history i guess.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, that's wikipedia... You are held accountable for the changes apparently...

Its weird you say that..cause i went and looked again..and its changed now..doesnt say the RCMP were there illegally..but when i C&P ed that first time it did say it..none the less its history i guess.

Nathansharkey

Reaction score
I know a few of the guys at Beaver Drilling (locals) that swear up and down that the RCMP did not have the right to be on his property which is why they weren't following a play book on the search and seizure of his possessions. There is still a lot of hair around this one that may never fully give closure to all of the victims in this tragedy. This is a case where the fallen police officers families and friends and loved ones will forever have the questions unanswered, how could this have happened? Who let this happen? Were there any lessons learned to prevent a reoccurrence of this happening again? The answers may be too hard to handle and too hard to accept. This was totally preventable. Those who knew the people involved will tell you that this was provoked over the years and this was not isolated to a single incident. There was a history there. Remember that sometimes history books don't often capture the whole story. There was another person involved in this story that has never been revealed. Often we make heroes out of those that don't deserve it and villains out of those whose story is never heard.

Top Bottom