The showdown sept 17 "brule" who's going?

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What day is the showdown taking place ??? Friday, Sept 17 ??? How do you access the Brule sand dunes ??? Thx in advance !!! hardworkingdon

saturday around 12-1 at drag hill. go to hinton drive towards just after the weigh scales you will see a sign on the right saying kicking horse lake turn there....go to the y take your 1right then it 2 lefts after that. Its a bit tricky the 1st time tho.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding High Yes I was, and it sure was fun.This years grassland drags are on Sept. 25-26 Drags and mud bogs sunday I believe. I think it would be just as much fun too watch as it would be to race cause man the a lot of fast quad too watch. That dude on that black bansheelast year Hauled. I would get him till half track then bang he would fly by like I was sitting still . When he would be at the finish line I was just past the 3/4 mark. Unreal power. That's why I think maybe I should watch this year. We'll see.
Captain Jacksparrows Yes paddle tires would be a must to have lots of fun.I think paddle tires run in that $75 mark each, so a cheap investment =FUN. The trail from the parking is dirt so take it easy, Usually we don't ,go for about a mile down the rail the boom there's sand like it fell from the sky. you won't belive it when you see it. The drags are on the sand at drag hill about half way down.
Stillrockingabanshee So far when I look up Brule ,Alberta on the weather network it tells me good news, SUNNY, SUNNY awesome to me. Your banshee sound like it hauls,hope to see you there. I hope the forecast stays the same.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to brule is well worth the drive. I usually drive 5.5 hours non stop to get there and I usually go 4 times a year. Sometimes its just for a day trip. Brule rocks.:):)

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Flyin Frenchman, thanks for the reply. I was asking about paddles from the parking lot because I run Skat Trac, Extremes in a triple buff. They are very thin and light and don't like rocks at all and dirt is even hard on them. As long as the dirt is short and smooth I should be alright. I ride in St Anthonys mostly and never been to Brule. Here's a pic of my machine so say hi if you see me. You guys should pics of your machines so we know who everybody is.

Attachments

• DSC00847 (Small).JPG
    DSC00847 (Small).JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC00843 (Small).JPG
    DSC00843 (Small).JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 99

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Flyin Frenchman, thanks for the reply. I was asking about paddles from the parking lot because I run Skat Trac, Extremes in a triple buff. They are very thin and light and don't like rocks at all and dirt is even hard on them. As long as the dirt is short and smooth I should be alright. I ride in St Anthonys mostly and never been to Brule. Here's a pic of my machine so say hi if you see me. You guys should pics of your machines so we know who everybody is.

i have a whole thread on my machine im sure you have all seen it lol

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if I make it I'll be on this
S6302557.jpg

S6302429.jpg

S6302558.jpg

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No pics from me, but I'll have the red 2007 Shee with paddle tires and a yamaha whip. HA! HA! HA! I should be wearing my Summer Sucks jersey with FLYING FRENCHMAN on the back of it. I'll be riding with my buddy with a 96 purple Banshee. :):)

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went in November last year and it was 5 celcius with a big wind. I'll be there, it's gonna get me ready for sledding season. Just dress up warm .The Shee runs great when it's cool out. See you all there.:):)

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
saturday around 12-1 at drag hill. go to hinton drive towards just after the weigh scales you will see a sign on the right saying kicking horse lake turn there....go to the y take your 1right then it 2 lefts after that. Its a bit tricky the 1st time tho.

So we head out of Hinton to the west(Jasper) and turn right at Kicking Horse Lake road, then go to the Y. Take the right at the Y? Then just stay left after that?
Is the parking lot/staging area a good size? Is the trail to the sand rocky at all? How is the sand, does it have lots of rocks and roots? Or once you hit the sand it clean and soft? I'm just asking because I'm trying to figure out if I should run my triple buffs? Thanks Guys

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we head out of Hinton to the west(Jasper) and turn right at Kicking Horse Lake road, then go to the Y. Take the right at the Y? Then just stay left after that?
Is the parking lot/staging area a good size? Is the trail to the sand rocky at all? How is the sand, does it have lots of rocks and roots? Or once you hit the sand it clean and soft? I'm just asking because I'm trying to figure out if I should run my triple buffs? Thanks Guys

after the right at the Y you take the next left turn the road isnt the best then you travel till you go and see a big rock turn left again there. This road is narrow and rough!

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Captjacksparrow; Is the parking lot/staging area a good size? Is the trail to the sand rocky at all? How is the sand said:
Thanks for the reply Honda310R, we should be able to find it, doesn't sound too hard.
Does anyone know about the other questions above though, thanks Guys, Dan

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Honda310R, we should be able to find it, doesn't sound too hard.
Does anyone know about the other questions above though, thanks Guys, Dan

it is a bit rocky and stuff im gonna run my haulers and i usually always run paddles.... I hoping im gonna be able to ride the shee tho i had some unexpected issues with it last night!

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think if you take it easy you should be ok with your paddle tires. As you get closer to the riding area theres are rocks but i usually go slow just try to go around them . Them rocks are mostly rounded off . You could always take your regular tire and go check it out but it should be fine. Well I'm off see you tomorrow.:):)

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well im off to go and put the shee together again grrrr lol then load up ill have the 7x14 enclosed either pulled with a white ford or a pewter duramax.

Hope to see you all out there

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take lots of pics for the desk jockeys like me!!!! I'm quadding vicariously through you guys so don't let me down!! :D

Top Bottom