The showdown sept 17 "brule" who's going?

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As the title says Sept 17/10 weekend Out at Brule gonna have a little Drag Shootout Who's all gonna be out there?

H310R

Last edited:

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well besides sending my bent axle in for warranty inspection, I found a couple other things wrong. I now need a new rear rotor, the rubber engine inserts in the case are toast. Most likely from leaving them in when I PCed the cases, I did a leakdown test last night that isn't up to par and now I found a big chunk of steel in my oil. The engine is out of my quad right now and I'm about to tear into it. I think I took a tooth of a gear somewhere in the transmission. I have a lot of work to be ready for Brule. We'll see.

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well besides sending my bent axle in for warranty inspection, I found a couple other things wrong. I now need a new rear rotor, the rubber engine inserts in the case are toast. Most likely from leaving them in when I PCed the cases, I did a leakdown test last night that isn't up to par and now I found a big chunk of steel in my oil. The engine is out of my quad right now and I'm about to tear into it. I think I took a tooth of a gear somewhere in the transmission. I have a lot of work to be ready for Brule. We'll see.

Thats shitty :( well you still got 2 weeks lol

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

:eek::eek::eek: NOOOOOOO!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm still considering being there. but I would be bringing my woodhauler....LOL

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey! That's cool, a Showdown. Sounds good to me. So the drags are on Friday the 17th during the day or at night ? :)

I think friday is the start day we will call it the test and tune day as ill need that lol....but i think the real riding/some draging will be sat.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any specific time you want to have the fun drags? Are they at drag hill ? Maybe I could bring my shovel to smooth out those back tingling bumps at the bottom.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any specific time you want to have the fun drags? Are they at drag hill ? Maybe I could bring my shovel to smooth out those back tingling bumps at the bottom.

Just get a heavy piece of lumber (like a railroad tie or some rough cut 2X6) and chain and drag it around behind a 4x4 quad in 4 wheel drive, easiest and fastest way to smooth things out. I would drag the hill and then keep it handy because after a few passes you are going to have to drag the start area again otherwise you will get some big holes developing. :D

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great Idea. But unless someone else can haul that smoothing device it won't get there, as I don't pull anything with the shee other than me and the hills.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great Idea. But unless someone else can haul that smoothing device it won't get there, as I don't pull anything with the shee other than me and the hills.

Yeah, I figure you can probably find someone to haul it (not sure how far the hill is from the parking lot - figured kinda close anyway) if they are heading out there. If its like 30 miles to the hill - forget it, take a shovel and then just keep moving the starting line over ever few guys. You're going to need a 4x4 to pull it anyway if you choose to go that route for smoothing the track, a banshee will make more mess than it will fix, just trying to pull it around.

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I figure you can probably find someone to haul it (not sure how far the hill is from the parking lot - figured kinda close anyway) if they are heading out there. If its like 30 miles to the hill - forget it, take a shovel and then just keep moving the starting line over ever few guys. You're going to need a 4x4 to pull it anyway if you choose to go that route for smoothing the track, a banshee will make more mess than it will fix, just trying to pull it around.

i say leave the whoops i gotta try the new shocks and wider a-arms in the front lol.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:)Don't ya know stock supension rocks lol. I don't usually go fast enough anyways to feel the bumps that bad, but I've seen a few people rubbing their backs in the past.:eek: Oh well if they're to big then we'll have to jump them on the way up.:)

Top Bottom