The showdown sept 17 "brule" who's going?

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 3 go pros. The gf is ridin with one and ill have 2 capturing as much as I can. We came out to hinton tonight and passed a few trailers loaded up. Gonna be busy but should be a good time!!! See some of you tomorrow.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On Saturday, everyone won. It was sunny and everyone had a great time. Sunday 2 inches of snow and to sloppy to ride. Check you-tube, Brule sept 2010, banshee hillclimb sept 2010.

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding High Yes I was, and it sure was fun.This years grassland drags are on Sept. 25-26 Drags and mud bogs sunday I believe. I think it would be just as much fun too watch as it would be to race cause man the a lot of fast quad too watch. That dude on that black bansheelast year Hauled. I would get him till half track then bang he would fly by like I was sitting still . When he would be at the finish line I was just past the 3/4 mark. Unreal power. That's why I think maybe I should watch this year. We'll see.

Yeah, I was the one on the matching banshee like yours with the toomey's. Didn't advance as high as you did, but what the heck was just out for the heck of it. i thought i remember your jersey saying 'frenchman' on it.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ridin High I just raced as many times as I could, won some, lost some. It's all for fun. Glad you had a good time. How do you like your toomeys? Were they 5 or 6? How do you like the sound? I hear they make more power than my FMF SST, is this true?

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Frenchy, the Toomy 6's make a little better power than the SST's but not much. They are very close. The best pipes are the big body CPI's. I had the big body in frame CPI's on my Banshee and it worked really well. It gave my V-Force a really good run. It was ported too though with a 4mm stroker. You really need to get those cyl's ported, it makes a huge difference when done right!

Last edited:

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
T-6's are for more of a stock bike and the T-5's for more modified engines. The CPI's are a good proven pipe for bigger engines also. Same with Shearers and Rockets.

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the toomeys make a bit more power. As said before one is more for a stock engine and another for more modded. When i got the pipes for the price i did on a factory promo, i couldn't pass it up. Paid 550 cdn shipped to my door.

Stillrockingabanshee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have both sets of pipes, CPI"s and Rockets, i have tested both of them on a modded motor that has Porting, 370cc stroker, cool head, filters, carbs, welded crank, and more stuff, and it performed really well with both pipes. I find the Cpi's with cascade silencers more trail friendly, and the rockets are more for open areas

looneyrod27

Reaction score
installed a set of shearer's on my buddy's banshee...did not like the fitment of them, they needed spacer made so they would clear and spacers on the silencers so they would be pointing straight on the rear. might just be a freak bad set but i was not impressed with them.

Stillrockingabanshee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
installed a set of shearer's on my buddy's banshee...did not like the fitment of them, they needed spacer made so they would clear and spacers on the silencers so they would be pointing straight on the rear. might just be a freak bad set but i was not impressed with them.

well, all the bigger motor pipes, will fit harder. I mean they are huge. I had no problems at all with my rocket pipes, they fitted on better than the stock pipes, and were snug. The Paul Turner pipes, i coudlnt even get them in, the kept on hitting the frame. Them Paul Turner's gave me a hard time

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe I should run my factory pipes and open it up at the end were it slips on for the muffler tube for more flow, and make my my own stingers. If you look at Paul Turners pipes they sure look like a factory bend but lighter and they're chrome, maybe if there heavier i'll be able to keep the front end down. Maybe I need to pack my lunch on the front bumper as a ballast. I think if I remenber right when I had the stock pipes it used to rev ok so it should be better now that my head is shaved . These fmf are ok but they rattle, to tight cause I have to use the factory pipe seal around the pipe so they don't rub on the frame.They don't rotate as the motor moves, they don't allow the exhaust to be free hung.

Stillrockingabanshee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe I should run my factory pipes and open it up at the end were it slips on for the muffler tube for more flow, and make my my own stingers. If you look at Paul Turners pipes they sure look like a factory bend but lighter and they're chrome, maybe if there heavier i'll be able to keep the front end down. Maybe I need to pack my lunch on the front bumper as a ballast. I think if I remenber right when I had the stock pipes it used to rev ok so it should be better now that my head is shaved . These fmf are ok but they rattle, to tight cause I have to use the factory pipe seal around the pipe so they don't rub on the frame.They don't rotate as the motor moves, they don't allow the exhaust to be free hung.

to be honest, banshee's will wheelie any day if you got some aftermarket parts in to it. Proof, my red banshee, with a +6 swinger, it still wheelies, its quite hard to keep the front end down. And so a heavier banshee friend rode it, and it had a blown rear shock at the time, and when he gave it throttle, it squatted down, and you could see the tires spinning on the pavement. I personally, like it when it wheelies, just shows some of the guys what kind of bike it is. I dont like it when it wheelies in the sand drags tho. As soon as i pop the clutch it will wheelie pretty bad. As for Fmf pipes, i bought 3 banshee's with fmf pipes, and i took the fatty's off and they went to a new owner. I just dont like fmf on a banshee. I dont like the way they perform.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Frenchie, when you start to make power with any quad you will wheelie. I have a 9" swing arm on mine and you saw it, it would come up on me when I got to full throttle even if it was half way up the hill. I wouldn't mod the factory pipes. They don't make near the power. You really need to get that thing ported.........if it's not already?;)

Top Bottom